Dispute got favored on merchants...... And I am still don't understand

john3332323
New Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I purchased shoeboxes from China that looked very set... However, what I've gotten is just a thin plastics that can be puzzled together. Those plastics are so weak that I can not put my shoes in that box... Also the website has a official return policy that I can return within 14days after I receive the item. 

I emailed to the merchants, but there was no answer at all....

Hence, I filed a dispute on Paypal.. But I got the response that they can not guarantee my "expectation". Hence, favor on merchant.... 

I have appealed 2x time, and it got same conclusion. 

I called Paypal today but they said it has been already 2x time appeal, and talk to my bank. (I already went to bank, but bank said I need to work with Paypal because transaction was through Paypal). 

Did any face similar problem like me? 

I thought buyers protection will protect me for the items that's different than what it showed in picture and also protect me for any thing that seller listed in website is true... But I guess not...

Can anyone help me with this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@john3332323 

There are limitations to the purchase protection program...

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

Your claim is not not eligible. You haven't convinced PayPal that your item is significantly not as described. You bought shoeboxes, and received shoeboxes. PayPal does not get involved in warranties or guaranteeing that the product works or not. That must be resolved between the seller and you.

Or file a dispute with your credit card/bank, if that is how you paid.

Not all banks/credit cards provide purchase protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ern1000
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat. Bought something from someone from China. If known that it was coming from China never would have purchased. I have been trying to return the item but to send the item back the cost is $135.00 and I paid $128.49. Although when I purchased the item the shipping cost was $20.00. Learned my lesson and will NEVER buy anything from China and will stop purchasing anything thru PayPal. I hope that the person who I purchased from gets the Coronavirus.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.