Dispute/fraud

Zebe2
New Community Member
Hi I purchased an item off a website back in July. Unfortunatly, as soon as i transferred the money via paypal the seller ceased all contact with me. I did not receive the item. I have since tried several time to contact paypal. Thid has been put through to the resolution centre but as soon as i click on the transaction to report it i dont have the option to go any further. I have sent several emails to paypal but recieve the automated replys and cannot contact paypal directly either as i receive an automated repsonce. I have requested paypal to call me back but have heard nothing back.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zebe2 

Locate the transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received dispute.

If you do not see this option then you may have paid as friends and family and the recipient has no obligation to perform or deliver item/service because it is considered a gift payment with no refunds or purchase protection and so its no wonder the seller disappears.

You can tell if your payment is friends and family by seeing Money Sent on the transaction instead of Payment Sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zebe2 

Locate the transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received dispute.

If you do not see this option then you may have paid as friends and family and the recipient has no obligation to perform or deliver item/service because it is considered a gift payment with no refunds or purchase protection and so its no wonder the seller disappears.

You can tell if your payment is friends and family by seeing Money Sent on the transaction instead of Payment Sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.