Dispute extension

Davwhite
Contributor
Contributor

I have a dispute that was resolved in my favour, the seller agreed to pay me provided I send the item back.

The item cost $US39 and came from China and was absolutely rubbish and not the item I expected.

So now Paypal will refund me the money once the seller advises he has received the item.

Good trick seller:

To send it back will cost me a minimum of $AUS45.

So where is the justice in that? I should not be out of pocket.

Three problems have now developed.

1. The close date for me to respond to the dispute is 28th Aug

2. And if I post it back will I get the return postage refunded?

3. The parcel hasn't even arrived yet.

I can't reply in the resolution centre because the only reply they will accept at the moment is the return postage details.

So can anyone help out here?

If anyone from Paypal reads this the look at Case ID: PP-D-80350777

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davwhite 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Davwhite
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that info.

So the bottom line is if I send the item back and Paypal does not pay any of that then I am $45 out of pocket after the seller refunds the original amount?

And any ideas how I can the resolution centre to extend the deadline as i have not received the parcel yet?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davwhite 

What do you mean you have not received the parcel yet?

You don't open a dispute for 'item received but not as described' if you have not received it !!!

Why did you not open a dispute for 'non receipt of item' ??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Davwhite
Contributor
Contributor

That has been corrected. I just told Paypal that the item was not the same as I ordered, I didn't' say, at that stage, that I had not received the item. Anyway the system has been corrected and all is good atm, thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.