Dispute denied

LA0809
Contributor
Contributor

Some scumbag at 1am this morning stole £260 from my papal. They spent £35 on a domino and £229.99 on group-on. I have the address of the thief (as they used it for delivery for dominoes) yet paypal said is not suspicious. They failed to protect my account from being hacked, they fail me as a customer by not responding appropriately. Im so upset as im a student, my income is already low and I work hard for my money and the company responceis ridiculous. What can I do to challenge the verdict? Do I take legal action? Has anyone got any advice? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LA0809 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LA0809
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for your reply, I pressed that put it said I can't report it as its a closed dispute? It's doesn't make sense especially the person who did address differs completely to mine. I've told my bank as well
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.