Dispute declined

yvonne25
Contributor
Contributor
I had a dispute with PayPal that they have declined how is this person allowed to steel money from me and pay pal do nothing I ordered an electric ice making machine and was sent a rubber ice tray for 4 ice cubes I sent the rubber ice tray back at a cost to me so now iv paid out more money for something I haven't got I sent proof that I sent it back iv also got a threatening msg from the supplier to drop the case and I can have a refund if I don't I won't get anything back I'm. Disgusted at PayPal I use them because I trusted them how can this be right to have my dispute declined
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonne25 

did you open a dispute for item received but not as described?

did you escalate to a claim?

did you win the claim and if now what happened?

did paypal tell you to return the item and give you the return address?

did you send trackable to prove delivery of the item back to the seller?

did you provide paypal with the tracking number?

have you activated the below link at some point since opening your paypal account to get help with return costs?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Some actual facts on what happened is best if you want advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

shannyr
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe paypal has deteriorated so much that they now allow scammers to take advantage of loyal customers.  I ordered a twin barrel composter and the seller sent me a string with 3 beads on it and paypal said since they had a shipping number they denied my claim?  The shipper purposely disregarded my shipping street address and used my P.O. Box.  There is no way a large item like a twin barrel composter would fit in a P.O. Box, let alone be shipped by the postal service.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shannyr 

do you want advice on what to do or are you just replying to the OP?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonne25 

did you open a dispute for item received but not as described?

did you escalate to a claim?

did you win the claim and if now what happened?

did paypal tell you to return the item and give you the return address?

did you send trackable to prove delivery of the item back to the seller?

did you provide paypal with the tracking number?

have you activated the below link at some point since opening your paypal account to get help with return costs?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Some actual facts on what happened is best if you want advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

yvonne25
Contributor
Contributor
No I was never offered any help with postage I just paid the proof of posting as that's all I could afford they never told me about that I sent them a copy of the receipt with the address is was going to so now I have lost the $26.00 and the £4.99 to return the item the people I ordered it from sent me a message saying if I didn't drop the dispute with PayPal I woukd get nothing I didn't drop the claim as I didn't trust them and they have won they have my money and the returned item 😢
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.