Dispute decision

bamachris55
Contributor
Contributor

I just wonder if I'm the only one who feels it's unfair if you file a claim and the seller is able to see your reason why your filing but you are unable to dispute his answers. Also, nobody is infallible so why is it if you file a claim and lose because you never had the chance to provide all your information, how come you cannot reopen the case?Especially after someone is committed out and out fraud against you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bamachris55 

One of the requirements is to monitor the dispute (unless you're incapacitated and in hospital) and respond in a timely manner. If the appeal button is not there, you'll have to call customer service to do it:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

oldgeezer73
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having a dispute should know and understand that no matter what is right or wrong or just, PayPal will always decide in favor of their financial best interest.  So if you have a dispute with a company that provides good income to PayPal, you lose every time.  PayPal found in favor of a company deducting a payment from my PayPal account even though the account with that company had been closed for more than six months.  

Login to Me Too

bamachris55
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the good advice. PayPal is now allowing me to appeal the ruling, I can only hope my evidence is enough.

Login to Me Too

bamachris55
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all the advice, I was allowed to appeal my case and believe it or not, PayPal ruled in my favor and I was allowed to get my money back. I only wish there was an easier way of filing a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.