Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute closed without receiving merchandise

New Community Member

Dispute closed without receiving merchandise


I’m wondering what the rest of you have done.   I ordered some metal ornamental steel chickens for the lawn.    Waited and waited and no delivery.  Then we received an email with tracking numbers and shows it was delivered.  We have Ring cameras surrounding the house and I can verify they were not delivered, nor stolen off the porch.  Seller will not return any emails.  PayPal and I went through the process, and I just received a notice from them they were closing the case without a refund.   Reason is they claim due to the tracking number it was delivered.   

Do I just quit at this point?    It’s not so much the money as feeling like this was a scam from the start


Thanks for any further actions you have taken and wish to share.  

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Dispute closed without receiving merchandise



To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.