Dispute closed erroneously by Paypal

Carouselle
Contributor
Contributor

I returned an item (to China) as it was not as described.  I communicated with the Seller through the Paypal messaging centre and sent the (correct) Royal Mail tracking number on the day I posted the item (just before Christmas).  The Seller agreed to refund on receipt of the item.  Paypal have now closed the dispute citing the reason as follows:  "We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise."

I have asked for clarification three times now but just keep getting the same (possibly standard) answer.  Paypal themselves have never asked for a tracking number, but Paypal and the seller both have the tracking number.  How do I get my refund?  Or get a proper answer as to why they have closed the dispute?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carouselle 

What does the status of the tracking number show when you track it? Does it say, "Delivered"? Tracking has to show delivered otherwise, there'd be no point in appealing the decision.

If it is showing "delivered" then, contact customer service and have them review the case again:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Carouselle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this.  Just checked the tracking and it says it cleared customs in China on 6 January 2020.  Does not say delivered and I would have thought it should have been by now.  Am guessing I need to contact Royal Mail?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.