Dispute closed by paypal but item still not received

topseller2009
New Community Member

Hi,

My dispute closed by paypal even when i have not received item. Seller provided detail that she has lodged an investigation but then paypal closed the case. I have been communicating with the seller on fb messenger after case was closed (which i didnt know as paypal email went to junk) and she told me she will let me know as the investigation will takes 30 days. So she asked me to wait which I did...and i messaged her again and she never replied me. Then I went onto payapl and noticed case was closed. Can I contact paypal and get it reopen as it is still within 180 days of purchase? I waited so long hopefully it will arrive as seller said it is properly delay due to covid...please help..panicking here as it costed me AUD$850.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TobyWon
Contributor
Contributor
I never received the product. Seller supposedly provided a valid proof of delivery which I have not been able to obtain. Regardless I was charged for an item I did NOT get.
Login to Me Too

Romeo090620
New Community Member

I have the same issue.  Any luck in escalating this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@topseller2009 

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim before it timed out 20 days post opening?

Sounds as if you didn't which is why the seller kept making you wait in the hope you wouldn't?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Romeo090620
New Community Member

I have the same issue.  I followed all of the Paypal guidelines.  Because the seller issued a tracking number, which is invalid, Paypal closed my dispute.  I still have not received my item.  What is the next step???  I thought I could trust Paypal, but apparently not!

Login to Me Too

Romeo090620
New Community Member

I have the same issue.  I followed all of the Paypal guidelines.  The seller provided a tracking number, which by the way is not valid, and the item still has not been received.  Paypal closed my dispute.  How does this get resolved???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.