Dispute closed but money not returned to buyer or seller

branwenangharad
New Community Member
Hello, I purchased 2 items and accidentally opened an unauthorized dispute as someone who shares my account didn’t recognize the transactions initially. The case has since been closed showing no unauthorized activity but it is still showing as an open dispute to the sellers and the money has not been made available to either party. What can I do in this instance?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @branwenangharad 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

If the case was opened and closed through your bank, then your seller will be able to access the money after 75 days from the date the case was opened. The 75 days is a federally regulated length of time wherein a credit card company has the ability to re-dispute the same transaction.  For that reason, a credit is only provided to the seller if and when this time frame elapses, ensuring that the seller has won the case at that time.

For your reference in seller's perspective, please click the link/s below.

What is a chargeback, and why did I get one? 

Otherwise, if this case was opened through PayPal, I encourage your to contact Customer Service. To get there, kindly click "Help & Contact" near bottom of the PayPal pages to see options available for your to get ahold of a representative.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Ragnar_Lothbrok please reply to my case as well i require some assistance with it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.