Dispute closed after 20 days, AFTER I FILED A CLAIM ON THE 19th DAY

sandra11111
Contributor
Contributor

I had filed a claim at the advice of PayPal staff. I wanted to give the seller a good chance to respond so I waited.

On the 19th day, I filed a claim and I saved the text I wrote. I for the screen indicating it was submitted.

On the 20th day after filling the dispute, I received an email saying my claim was closed, because I did not escalate it. EVEN THOUGH I DID ESCALATE IT.

That day, May 12, the day that PayPal closed the case, I repeatedly tried to reach someone at PayPal about this, unsuccessfully. One could see that as still within the deadline...

Now I can't reach anyone at PayPal who can take this seriously.

I keep getting canned responses from the (apparent) humans replying, saying that disputes are closed automatically after 20 days and there is nothing anyone can do about it. It seems they believe that computers can do no wrong, and the fact that I did submit the claim is irrelevant. There is no way to get through to someone who can handle this. I may need to interact with a manager or someone who is empowered to deal with it, but how would I ever get through to them in the current circumstances?

How do I get through to someone who can take this seriously and act with integrity on it?

I am a good customer, I never have any problems, and this is my first claim after several decades of using PayPal.

I will stop using PayPal over this if I cannot get help. This level of service is not acceptable. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandra11111
Contributor
Contributor

This is what passes for service now.  They take 30-90 minutes to reply, so if you don't sit at your computer for hours (during their unclear chatting hours), you cannot reply to the person who messages you.  Then they say things like this:

"Unfortunately there isn't anyone who would be able to reopen this claim for you. If we could appeal this we would. As my previous teammates have mentioned once a case is closed due to no response in the time given it will automatically close and the case can not be reopened. You have been given the option to open this case with you financial institution. This is all we can do at this time. "

Who is making the rules?  PayPal.  Who is choosing to ignore an obvious system failure?  PayPal.  Who won't allow this to be escalated due to entirely inadequate service (while other financial institutions have maintained it)?  PayPal. 

Who is going to lose my business (active 20 years and no claims ever filed)?   PayPal.

If this company is so lacking in integrity and service, another one will arise which is not. 

If anybody from PayPal reads this who can address it please post or let me know asap.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.