Dispute centre not providing buyer protection and no support beyond automation

Temp20220726ab
Contributor
Contributor
The resolution Centre has completely failed for me, I’ve attempted to access the service on numerous occasions to update but been unable to because it was closed for seller updates. Meanwhile no messaging or human rather than automated support is available. I’ve a clear case having bought a product in good faith from a seller with a UK website. The product turned out not to be official and the seller accepted my request for a refund. All of which was processed through the service managed by PayPal resolution centre - at which point I was sent a Chinese shipping address, rather than one in UK. I wanted to challenge this but was unable to as no option was available after the seller escalated. At which point I posted the item and am out of pocket an additional C.£15 and without the product I purchased at c.£47. I have receipts and a letter notifying me of destruction of the package - an outcome which I am not responsible for, given I was returning a misdescribed product internationally. PalPal has not offered opportunities to clarify my dispute, despite my attempts, which was made on valid grounds and has instead closed the case. The seller should take some responsibility for this, instead I have been further mislead to my financial detriment. This will severely diminish my faith in PalPals protections and use of the service in future - automation has been at the expense of customer service and is not yet fit for purpose, has anyone managed to get around this as I’m going in loops!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Dallan22
New Community Member
I have the same problem whereby You just go round & round & get nowhere! Owed £35 by the resolution centre. Tried phoning & put on hold! After 45 mins waiting on hold I hung up. Sheer frustration. Tried Twitter but no success or response! What is going on? I now realise to use Pay Pal only when there isn’t any other option. COVID is no excuse for this appalling Customer Service!!!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20220726ab
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your comment. I’d be happy to know I was in a queue with some assistance rather than this complete lack of transparency. And I agree - it’s useful to know that the protection isn’t there to any meaningful extent. I hope you have some luck via your social media attempts eventually.
Login to Me Too

notSoHappy2
New Community Member

I am very disappointed with PayPal, as PP are protecting bad suppliers. I am having issues with 2 suppliers and PayPal is not giving me any support. PP is just telling me to wait. I contact them several times, but no resolution. PP just keeps telling me that they are not going to get involved for another few weeks. That is not good enough as I need to buy stuff locally but I need the money that PP is retaining for those bad suppliers.

I will never use PP again for any payment.

Login to Me Too

dollysamui
New Community Member

same here, round and round till about 20 tabs open. dispute with seller, seller promised refund if i closed case, i closed it and now 10 days since and no refund. multiple emails to seller and being ignored.

i cant open new case as paypal just closes it and says not eligible for buyer protection..this company has defrauded me £65 and i cant report it as no way to contact paypal.....shame on you paypal. im sure you are still raking in cash, it would be easy for your staff to email work from home. how do i contact a dispute advisor?????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.