Dispute but out of time - please help

LouieVegas91
New Community Member

Good afternoon good people,

I was seeking advice regarding an issue I am facing. I purchased a piece of furniture in February last year from an eBay online retailer. They also have a physical shop just outside of London. Cutting a long story short - the piece of furniture was a cabinet for the living room which cost just less than £300. Due to house renovations, the package was not opened until it was due to be assembled which was approx 9 months after purchase.

Upon opening the package we noticed the company had sent two left hand cabinet doors instead of one left and one right. No worries, these things happen. I contacted the company and after numerous email exchanges, phone calls and false promises, we still do not have the correct part and the company are now ignoring all correspondence regarding this issue. The email exchanges prove the company delivered the wrong part. They accepted liability and promised to deliver the right part, yet we are now in January and we still do not have it.

Are there any exceptions with regards to PayPal's time limit in such circumstances and if not, what other options do I have in order to get the right part delivered or for the company to provide a full refund? It isn't like it was £20, it was nearly £300...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lewis 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LouieVegas91 

You have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute, roughly the same time frame that most credit cards give you.

Why not pursue them in the small claims court, you can easily file online?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.