Dispute and contacting PayPal

RickU123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm so done with PayPal.  It used to be a great place to send and receive payments.  They have gotten so big, that getting thru on the phone has taken over an hour (so far).  Totally unacceptable.  

I have purchased for only $26.57 to a Chinese company.  I have not received the product and shipping information.  I filed a dispute but instead received a message from the Chinese company (called 'THEY").  They assured me they were a legitimate company.  They offered a $5 refund and assured me they would send me the product.  After a week, nothing.  No shipping or any other communication.  Because I accepted the $5 refund, Paypal is not letting me open another case.  There is no Email to send to Paypal.

At this point, I'm done with PayPal.  they do not protect the buyer.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RickU123 

You accepted a refund so that closes the dispute and you can only open x1 dispute per transaction.

You chose a seller presumably from a China website or Social Media ad and didn't bother to escalate to a claim for a full refund.

If you had and the seller sent the item and you received it then you could easily have paid again but once you have accepted a part refund then you can't force the seller to send you their item anymore as the dispute is closed.

Not paypals fault you didn't risk assess your transaction very well or sadly accepted a part refund instead of escalating for a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Starick
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, Paypal is useless when you are defrauded by China!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RickU123 

You accepted a refund so that closes the dispute and you can only open x1 dispute per transaction.

You chose a seller presumably from a China website or Social Media ad and didn't bother to escalate to a claim for a full refund.

If you had and the seller sent the item and you received it then you could easily have paid again but once you have accepted a part refund then you can't force the seller to send you their item anymore as the dispute is closed.

Not paypals fault you didn't risk assess your transaction very well or sadly accepted a part refund instead of escalating for a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.