Dispute and PayPal CS...

slacking-off
Contributor
Contributor

In 03/19 I bought a phone through eBay. In July it started having a fault (basically the earpiece was inaudible). eBay pointed me to Paypal under buyer protection as it was outside their product coverage and the seller was not communicating. Unfortunately I became very ill and the case was closed while I was in hospital with the reasoning that I had not provided tracking details.

After I got out of hospital and picked it up again and were fine about it, again they wanted proof of posting (the company I bought off turned out to be a dropshipper out of Malaysia). I tried a couple of sites and none would accept it as it was a prohibited item under Malaysians customs laws . I explained this to PP and they asked for proof from a carrier that this was the case so I sent them a copy of a personal e-mail from TNT customer services that they wouldn't take it and why.later that day I found the part on the Malay customs site that refers to it and sent that over. It gets a bit more difficult from here to timeline everything because I've had so many stories "I'm sorry the document from  Malay customs needs to be more explicit and advise re this specific handset"  being just one of the bizarre suggestions - The statement on the Malay website - "Equipment to be connected to a public telecommunication network." covers it really.

But again because I couldn't supply postal details despite the info provided that I'd be breaking the law to send it it got closed

For proof that I cannot post this item as requested they have - 
An email from DHLl(which was a miracle none of the others were willing)

The data from the Malay customs site

Screenshots from multiple carrier websites showing their systems refusing the item as prohibited - Since the story I heard this time from PP was that they needed proof from more than one carrier, I only got told this after the case had been closed arbitrarily again because I "couldn't supply shipping proof" (because an email from DHL wasn't enough proof apparently......) at 5pm UK time and she asked for as much proof as possible by tomorrow and this will be the last time they will review the case, and really this is all I have to offer. 

I cannot legally comply with PayPals conditions and they just won't accept that as a reason buyer protection should be triggered.

Anyone else hit a brick wall like this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.