Dispute and Claim

QuantomT
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question, I bought a nintendo switch from a website, and  after noticing the payment went to china, I had a feeling it was a scam, First I asked them through email multiple times to cancel the order, and after five days, I filed a dispute with pay pal about not receiving the item, and they immediately added a tracking number. 

I wait for 3 weeks and I received a piece of plastic that says it's a mobile game attachment for the phone  that you can pick up in any flee market for 3 dollars.

I called in got my dispute changed to incorrect item, and the seller agreed to give me a refund if I sent the item back.  This is where it gets complicated.

The return address is bogus, I went to the post office and asked them to assist and they asked me how I am supposed to write it down on the waybill correctly.

The business name is in chinese which can be translated but the address is a bunch of gibberish.

I contact pay pal again, they look at the email, and agree with the statement, and say they are going to give the seller 72 hours to update the information.  They update it with the exact same bogus address, I call into pay pal and again they tell me they are going to ask the seller to update the address.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC uploaded that document, I filed a complaint with IC3.GOV and uploaded that document.  I uploaded pictures of the piece of plastic.

I followed the steps an agent asked me to do, only to be told that they are asking the seller to update the address again, this is the third time.  At this point I am not sure what to do anymore, because it seems that pay pal really wants me to hand over 299.99 for a piece of plastic. I think that even if I get the correct information they will try to claim they didn't receive it. 

Anyway thanks for reading and any advice would be great.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.