Dispute a claim

Davytran
Contributor
Contributor
I sold this lady a $200 iTunes gift card on eBay. I sent her the code but it appeared it was the wrong code due to 2 characters missing on it. So I took the time to figure it out and sent her the new code that was correct. Even checked the balance on the card still had $200 on it. I woke up to this claim and I called apple about the balance on it and they had said it was redeemed already. My eBay account was 100% positive reviews up until this ladies negative review. Will I win this claim if I provide the proof? Also PayPal wants me to provide tracking details on the item but I can’t due to it being an email delivery. How can I figure that out?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davytran 

All you can do is provide the best to your ability to PayPal proof of delivery they require on digital goods as outlined under Basic requirements and Intangible Goods additional requirements sections:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Quote:

For intangible or digital goods, proof of shipment or delivery means compelling evidence to show the item was delivered or the purchase order was fulfilled. Compelling evidence could include a system of record showing the date the item was sent and that it was either:

• Electronically sent to the recipient, including the recipient’s address (email, IP, etc.), where applicable; or
  • Received or accessed by the recipient.

....And let the chips fall where they may.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davytran 

All you can do is provide the best to your ability to PayPal proof of delivery they require on digital goods as outlined under Basic requirements and Intangible Goods additional requirements sections:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Quote:

For intangible or digital goods, proof of shipment or delivery means compelling evidence to show the item was delivered or the purchase order was fulfilled. Compelling evidence could include a system of record showing the date the item was sent and that it was either:

• Electronically sent to the recipient, including the recipient’s address (email, IP, etc.), where applicable; or
  • Received or accessed by the recipient.

....And let the chips fall where they may.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.