Dispute Transaction fee

Kpatel13
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all.. I am new to PayPal and recently set money that I/O a friend through PayPal and did not see the friends/family transaction.. make a long story short I sent $5000 and my friend only received $5048.89 the took out $151.10.. my friend did not refund the money.. how do I go about getting that $151.10 to him without having to pay a fee? I already contacted them through chat and waiting for a response I send them a screenshot of the transaction number..Will PayPal Refund that 151.10 to my friend? Thanks
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kpatel13 

You can send a friends and family payment to cover the $151.10 fee this way:

How do I send money?

PayPal does not refund their PayPal fees no more since Oct 11 2019, you or the recipient can ask, but no guarantees. Must be very careful to choose the right payment option during payment process. Don't breeze through the process.

Keep in mind that sending money is free with friends and family option only when you pay with PayPal balance or bank account within the same country. If you choose goods and services option, it is free to send no matter the payment method or country for you but the recipient will be charged standard or cross border rate PayPal fee. If recipient issues a refund the difference in PayPal fee will come out of the recipient's pocket.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kpatel13
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response.. But if I send The $151.10 that would be a total of $5610.00 i send.. I am trying to get my $151 back or to the receiver which is my friend.. For a total of $5500, will PayPal give him the $151.10 ? Mind you my friend did not refund the money, I just didn’t send it with friend/family, An it’s in the US.. it was a US to US transaction. Also you stated That if it’s within the United States there is no fee correct? Why am I being charged $151.10?
Login to Me Too

Kpatel13
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker Can you help me with my reply above? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.