Dispute System Failure

CliveJones
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will probably delete what I'm going to share but I'll continue in the vague hope that they just might get off their behinds to assist someone else and actually help their customers, rather than the endless messages and emails full of absolutely nothing with little relevance to the claim/dispute.

Each email or message that's sent from PayPal is in a predetermined/standard format, there are no human beings actually reading anything Paypal customers/subscribers send.

This became clear to me following an email I receive today from Paypal canceling my claim/dispute.

I have been chasing a refund from a trader since June 26 2020 this year. The reason Paypal has given for the cancellation of the despute is as follows -

'We reviewed the claim(s) you filed on 26 June 2020. Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested. '

I provided all the information I had for this transaction and it is on file with PayPal in the history of my claim/despute, so once again someone in the employ of PayPal has failed to read anything related to my claim/dispute and made the decision to cancel the claim, see below the tracking information I provided and what is on PayPal's History of Depute file.

Case details

Seller information

MEWE GALLERY COMPANY LIMITED

Transaction amount

$249.80 USD

Transaction ID

1AH13806U2782350L

Shipping address

<removed>

Invoice ID

90cbffb0-c104-481b-803a-c174d07658b5

Date reported

26 June 2020

Your notes

I have not received any Tracking numbers or any other receipt or my goods.

File

• Mewe Gallery Company Limited Receipt Through Paypal.pdf

Additional information

Item issues

• Different

Refund requested

$249.80 USD

Your responses

Date added

30 July 2020

Date added

26 June 2020

Your notes

This company is a scam, I have seen numerous negative reviews now on the internet about this company. All reviews state they did not receive their goods and no refunds were made available.

Your conversation with the seller

You

I have not received any Tracking numbers or any other receipt or my goods.

26 June 2020 at 5:41:22 PM AEST

Your order was shipped out successfully! You can track it by using this link: https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LZ165411745CN,LZ165412153CN

26 June 2020 at 6:18:08 PM AEST

The tracking numbers and link do not work or go anywhere, they were as fraudulent as the goods.

So PayPal Community please take this as a warning, PayPal Will Not and Does Not assist any of us in claiming or receiving a refund from fraudulent traders, particularly Fraudulent/Scam Traders that advertise on Facebook. 

PayPal will only give the perception of assisting with refunds and claims, but in reality they Do Absolutely Nothing but send useless emails and messages to placate purchases. They will never contact you directly because God Forbid they might have to vocalise and actually speak to another human being over this new innovative technology called 'The Telephone'.

Everything about the resolution of a Dispute/Claim is automated via word searches. There is very limited human contact with customers, it must be forbidden.

Einstein was quoted as saying that the more intelligent technology develops, the less intelligent future generations will be.

Here is a classic example of just that through PayPal's non existent Claims and Dispute Service, it's a complete farce!!

Clive <removed> - Melbourne Australia

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Further evidence that dispute resolution is runned by machine. Another member ordered a bbq smoker (a grill), was sent face mask. PP ruled the dispute in seller's favor because the sent item is "materially similar" to ordered item. Leads one to question the intelligence of anything associated with PP.

Login to Me Too

RICKSAL
Contributor
Contributor
I've had a similar experience with PayPal and the fraudulent companies that do not exist. And as I do more and more research I've come to conclusion that most advertising comes thru facebook so do we hit up face book about them letting fraudulent scam companies advertise on their websites.
Login to Me Too

CliveJones
Contributor
Contributor

Rick,

I did report the trader to Facebook, no reply.

Only many other people's posts about how they'd been ripped off by the same company.

I'm still receiving messenger texts from people who've been ripped off.

No one at Face Book or PayPal cares, they only give the perception that they will do something about it, but nothing ever does.

There's too many of  the scammers for them to control it and their screening procedures for traders to advertise must be very poor.

If they pay for the advertising that's all they're worried about and same with PayPal if the trader pays their fee to access the so called service it's not their problem either.

Cheers.

Clive

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@CliveJones 

You made a good point, it's the sellers and scammers who pay their fees to PP, so PP probably thinks (perhaps correctly) that legally, PP has no obligation to the buyer, because buyers never paid a fee to use PP. Why else would they so nonchalantly ignore thousands of scam victims.

Login to Me Too

DAMIAN_S
Contributor
Contributor
In the same situation... The seller emailed admitting that the tracking number is wrong.. Royal mail emailed confirming its not addressed to me.. Yet PayPal condone fraud and allowing people to obtain money by deception using their services.. Its a disgrace that no human interaction is involved... NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER... NOW HAVING TO TRY VIA BANK TO SEE IF THEY MAY SUPPORT THE CLAIM... UK POLICE ALSO CANT BE BOTHERED ....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.