Dispute Resolution

Davetwin
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item from an online seller, they are a legit well established business. The seller have emailed all their customers that recently paid via paypal that PayPal have frozen their PayPal account with over £100k of money in the account which they are unable to access to complete our orders. They have provided screen shots as proof. The company have said that we customers have to contact PayPal to get our money back and they are unwilling to help, wishing us good luck. The company advised the have removed PayPal access to their bank account as PayPal were making refunds by taking the money from the companies bank account rather than from the frozen paypal funds. I have initiated a dispute via PayPal on 12 May. It is showing that PayPal are still awaiting a response from the seller. I have read that PayPal will wait 10 days for a response, if no response within this time that will settle the dispute in the buyers favour. It has now been 17 days. The dispute resolution date has also changed from today to 3rd June. Can anyone offer any advice about this or is my best option taking this up with a small claims court? Myself and the company I purchased from are in the UK
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Pokerbrookie
Contributor
Contributor
Similar issue, Disputed April 23rd Says waiting for response from seller still Last week said estimated resolution date was May 8th now it’s June 7th!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davetwin 

Have you escalated the dispute to a CLAIM, if not do so before it times out.

Once escalated you just have to wait for paypal to review it, may take some time as they are inundated at the moment from users that have bought tat from China websites or social media.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pokerbrookie
Contributor
Contributor
I have. I think that’s why the resolution date has been pushed back. If it wasn’t an emergency and need the funds ASAP now I’d continue to wait. It’s understandable they are inundated but it’s been since April 23rd and the seller hasn’t replied to PayPal so it would seem to me that would be an easy resolution... I haven’t been able to find an email for PayPal and they haven’t replied to my message in the message center Again the reason I’ve waited so long to even make any noise is that it’s been crazy lately. I was counting on the refund when I saw the resolution date of May 28th to get groceries this week...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.