Dispute Resolution is a joke

marka61
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem with a website not delivering items to me.  Per the PayPal website, I open a case on the resolution center site.  The case was open on May 29th and escalated on June 8th.  I have never received any items I order and let PayPal know.  I checked the status of the case on June 12th and was informed it was closed.  PayPay never even notified me. **bleep**?  Try contacting them, good luck.  Using Covid as an excuse, they are not answering the phones (when 3/4 of the bay area are working from home).  No way to send an email!  The resolution center is a joke!  What is the point of using PayPal when the protection they offer is total BS.   

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marka61 

It would help if you want advice to say which dispute you opened / how you paid ie which paypal option and how you funded your paypal payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GUIDEDbyANGELS
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to Resolution center the automation Loops me to  where I am instructed to contact seller.

The Seller is the Scammer. My case is still open so I will give more feedback as it progresses.

Login to Me Too

Amyk66
Contributor
Contributor

I should have read your reply before I posted mine. Exact same issue. How did you finally file a claim?

Login to Me Too

marka61
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass,

you are correct.  The dispute if for item not received.  Paid via a credit account tied to PayPal.  

However, it is the complete lack of service from PayPal that is the real problem.  As the user, GuidebyAngels has just commented about it.  It seems as though PayPal has made it less intuitive on purpose to register a complaint.  When I finally was able to, the claim was closed, and I was not even notified.

Login to Me Too

marka61
Contributor
Contributor

If I were to have ordered this through American Express, all I would have had to do was call them once and it would have been taken care of.  Most Visa platforms offer the same protection these days too.  So, what is the value add of PayPal as a middleman?  The protection I felt I was getting by using them has not been realized when I needed it.

Login to Me Too

GUIDEDbyANGELS
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same type of situation.

I am caught in a LOOPING AUTOMATION and am unable

to give any input into my own Investigation with the USPS.

It appears the Seller knows this and is skilled at this deception.

I am always instructed to contact the Seller who is the Scammer.

That's like the Police telling to contact the thief who robbed you.

I made my Purchase through PayPal for it's protection.

Not for it's Aiding and Abetting due to it's Automation.

Login to Me Too

sarahwilt01
Contributor
Contributor
I am also having the same issue. Purchased a product. Company have given fake tracking number and compnay wont email me directly. Company also have changed name 7 times in 4 weeks. Paypal resolution ia stuck in loop wontmlet me go no further. So annoying.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marka61 

Did paypal get a tracking number saying the item was delivered to you?

Did the tracking number show as fake or delivered elsewhere?

If so post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marka61
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did get a tracking number from them.  However, it was a fraudulent number, which is the reason why I contacted PayPal.  The UPS number they gave me was for an item that was previously delivered to my home.  In fact, the item had been delivered 2 weeks prior to my fraudulent order.  I explain this in my resolution case.  Paypal still closed it without telling me why they closed it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.