Dispute Refund

BJW1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All 

I am in dispute with someone about an item that was sent but was, Not as Described, this has been going on since 7th August, i was asking for a partial refund to cover the cost of the replacement parts for the item. After giving further information on request from Paypal, i have received an email asking that i destroy and discard the item as its not Paypal policy to receive a refund on goods still in ones possession, with a Statement of compliance attached for me to fill in. My issue is i have already purchased the missing parts, it seems there is no way to contact Paypal to talk to someone about this, i am loathed to destroy the item as this would now be a waste. I did see on Paypal that partial refunds can be given.

Any help gratefully accepted i only have until tomorrow to sort this out has i received it yesterday and have three calendar days to reply.

Kind regards all

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BJW1

The option for partial refund only apples in the dispute phase and if you come to an agreement with the seller.

Once escalated to a claim normally Paypal don't deal in part refunds, you either have to return the item back to the seller for a full refund or do as they have requested now.

If you want to clarify things with them and are happy to return the item (at your own expense) then.....

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BJW1

The option for partial refund only apples in the dispute phase and if you come to an agreement with the seller.

Once escalated to a claim normally Paypal don't deal in part refunds, you either have to return the item back to the seller for a full refund or do as they have requested now.

If you want to clarify things with them and are happy to return the item (at your own expense) then.....

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BJW1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass

Thanks for the answer, still seems bit much that i have to destroy the item,and how do they know if have?, i,ll try calling them see if theres away around it like i said i have already bought the replacement parts. Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.