Dispute Help

slvsh
Contributor
Contributor

I recently disputed a transaction as i did not receive the item but the dispute was filed as unauthorized transaction.  Is there any way I can file it again as did not receive items?

Also anyone know when paypal call support is going back up lol

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @slvsh 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  @slvsh since you mentioned that a dispute was filed as unauthorized transaction what you will do is to wait for the case to be closed by the system because we can not open a dispute twice on the same transaction.  Once it was close then that will be the time for you to open a new case as Item Never Received.   Now, as to when will our customer service phone support will be open that will depend on our company another way is to login to your PayPal account and go to message center there is an option for you to contact our chat support.   Hope that i was able to assist you on your concern.  Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

slvsh
Contributor
Contributor
The dispute has been closed and when I try and open a new one for the same purchase it just tells me that the case has already been closed.
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @slvsh 

Since you had mentioned that the dispute for the unauthorized transaction has been closed but no worries you can still reopen this case even though our customer service phone support is not available as of this time due to do the current situation PayPal offers a new channel to contact our customer service representative  via chat.  Kindly log in to your PayPal account and go to your Message Center look for the Chat Support option and i  assure you that you will be able to chat with our customer service and help you reopen the case with the correct reason code.  Hope this could help you with regards to your concern.

Login to Me Too

moorelm0917
New Community Member

I am having this same problem. I opened a case for an unauthorized purchase because the seller said he never received the money and he told me if I did this step it would refund itself. That was closed and now I cant open another case on the same transaction since the case was close and the item was never received.  I've messaged on PayPal but my conversation keeps closing. Please help!!

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @moorelm0917 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  @moorelm0917  since you mentioned that your dispute for unauthorized transaction is already closed and you still have not the item. All you have to do is contact our customer service to have that case reopen, however, our customer service phone support is not available due to the current situation that we are all in, PayPal has come up with another option to help our valued customer during this time of crisis.  PayPal Chat Support is now available for our customer all you have to do is to login to your PayPal account and go to message center there is an option for you to contact our chat support there you can get in touch with our customer service representation and assist you in filing an appeal.   Hope that i was able to assist you on your concern.  Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.