Dispute Denied in favor of the seller TranVanHoan who provided Paypal with FEDEX tracking number

Josenita1
Contributor
Contributor

I was disappointed with Paypal's resolution of my case, disputing for not receiving the items i ordered from applebeast.shop . Paypal denied my claims apparently not doing the proper investigation. The seller <removed>was able to provide Paypal with a FedEx Tracking number. It says, already delivered to recipient! I made a claim request with FedEx and found out that the recipient was <removed> Store Manager, PLS Check Cashiers in <removed>, Staten Island, and not to my name and address as stipulated in the order confirmation. This gives my blood pressure shoot up with so much disappointment to Paypal - who I gave so much trust in all my online transactions. Had they investigated further, they could have known that this seller is a scam and trying to manipulate transactions by using another layer as delivery recipient. Furthermore, when I look at the Fedex shipping facts, the package is only 1 pc and weighs .5 lbs-.23 lbs. and use Fedex envelope. The products i am talking here are McBook Pro, Macbook Air, apple watch, Ipad pro, airpod, and iphone 12 worth $349.70 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Josenita1, 

Thank you for contacting us via the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

We are sorry to hear that this dispute was not found in your favour. Generally, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation.
If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page. 
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view. 
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column. 
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Woodsey75
Contributor
Contributor
Applebeast is a straight up scam. It is sad that PayPal lets this continue. I lost $89 to this scam. I filed a claim as well and they found in favor of the scammer. If only PayPal would do their due diligence they would see this scam for what it is.
Login to Me Too

ngarcia0409

There is no Appeal button only View

Login to Me Too

MollyWhitebear
Contributor
Contributor

Siobhan...Sorry, but that instruction is absolutely NOT accurate.
My claim to Paypal against a scammer was denied only a few days ago so I just tried following your instructions here and there is absolutely nothing but a "view" button. Nothing else. There is NO place to appeal anything here on Paypal. I'm adding a .pdf of this misleading post to my complaints with my state attorney general's office, my fbi ic3 complaint, and my CFPB complaint as even more proof of how Paypal just runs us around in circles going nowhere after they've sided with the scammers against us.

Login to Me Too

cdelrey
Contributor
Contributor

Siobhan, this is not accurate, I have a close case with no option, no drop-down to appeal.

I have the same experience. I made an expensive purchase thru Etsy, never receiving the item, opened a claim. The transaction had a tracking number showing delivery to my town but no address but included a signature. clearly, I didn't receive the package, and still closed in the seller's favor. Paypal should show the proof that was given.

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page. 
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view. 
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column. 
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

Login to Me Too

RandyT1963
New Community Member
I was convinced by the seller to pay using friends and family option and if I wasn’t happy or didn’t receive the services promised PayPal would refund my money. Then, when I didn’t receive the services the seller texted me saying he would refund my money. When he didn’t I created a dispute and stated I have the text messages from the seller. PayPal didn’t even look at them. My BIG mistake was trusting someone to deliver and then falling for the whole scam because “PayPal had my back.” No, they did not. This was a very expensive lesson that these big companies could care less about the consumer just so they get their fees.
Login to Me Too

SteelersBaby
Contributor
Contributor

Same. There is no appeal button either and every paypal response is the same thing and never a response once called out on it being incorrect information. They definitely DO NOT have their customers backs, they allow these scammers to steal from their customers and it just blows my mind. I am looking into who needs to be contacted and sent my personal case details, in order to not have paypal as an only option for payment on any level through any company since its a risk using them. @Josenita1 @PayPal_Siobhan2 @ngarcia0409 @Woodsey75 

Login to Me Too

Woodsey75
Contributor
Contributor
I no longer take any risk with PayPal. I stay away from any seller that might be questionable at all. PayPal does not have the small consumers back, they have the sellers back. I can only assume they get a kick back from these scammers. Plus, the scammers are good at what they do. Go to YouTube and do a search and you’ll see for yourself. PayPal does not want to invest the time and effort to outsmart them. There used to be a day what an honest person would take a loss just to expose dishonest people and get justice. My guess is that it is not profitable enough to be honest. I wish there was a trustworthy service comparable to PayPal. Our hands are tied. They do not care about the little guy. Yes, we are victims, but our victimization does not matter. Our lack of trust and loyalty does not seem to matter to them. I firmly believe that they will have to pay for it in some way, maybe not in the time that we would like to see, but it will cost them. My advice is to quit using PayPal if you want to make a difference. Encourage any friends or family or colleagues to do the same. PayPal is colluding with the enemy on this. Until it affects their bottom line, they will not do anything to help us. I’m holding out hope that someone comparable comes along that can outdo PayPal and put them out of business or force them to change their recklessness towards their smaller customers.
Login to Me Too

MollyWhitebear
Contributor
Contributor

I finally just went through my bank that issued my card I used. They charged the money the scammer got back to Paypal and I got that money refunded to my account.

My bank did the proper investigation into this scam and did the right thing. It took them just a short time, like a week and a half or so, to investigate and actually contact the USPS and found out exactly what the scammer pulled with the phony tracking number. Paypal doesn't care simply because they've already got their money off the top at the beginning of the scam so they won't waste time doing something like... INVESTIGATE! They are scum just like the scammers.

Since the FBI Cyber Crimes is investigating this, I have to keep my account going but I have removed my bank accounts and all but this one card that had been used in the scam. Once they give me the All Clear, I'm closing my 21 year old Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.