Dispute Denied in 3 and a half hours.

UpsetConsumer
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal denied my unauthorized transactions.  I have never disputed a charge whether it is on Paypal, banks, or credit cards. I made a claim and it took 3 and a half hours to deny. How can this be a thorough investigation? I received an email right stating they have reviewed my case and determined that there was no unauthorized use and it is consistent with my Paypal payment history. I have sent money to their account before, the last real transaction was in Feb. I was not the person who sent the money, and I did not authorize it. Just because I sent money to the person in the past, that makes it authorized? Most transactions in the past were them sending me money. I looked up how to appeal and there is no appeal button that I see. How do I appeal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @UpsetConsumer thank you for bringing this up to our attention. When it comes to unauthorized charges dispute,if the system detected that the IP address was the same this won't be considered unauthorized unless your device was stolen. The transaction was made using the same device that our system recognized. As you also confirmed there was a history or pattern of sending money to that specific person. But,I got your point. Does anyone have access on your PP account except you? Is this payment for goods and services or personal? There could be a more appropriate dispute that we can file for you. You can get in touch with our customer service,please go to our website and hit "Contact Us". A csr can reopen your case with the correct reason. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

UpsetConsumer
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that it was the same ip address @bellah_24 . My husband thought he was signed in to his account, which would give it the same ip. He kept wondering why the money was not accepted, he then sent the money through his account. After that, he asked me to look at my account, so I did, there was the $300 missing in mine. He didn't have my permission to send through my account. So basically the person was given double the amount. Yes, I should have logged out, but we all forget things. Yes, he should have asked me before he sent the money through his account, using a different pay app, but he did  not realize he sent the money through MY account. A couple weeks after the money was sent, he realized the money still was in his account. He then asked me to check my account. I have been purchasing a lot of things and did not notice the money sent. I have tried to contact the person who the money was sent to, multiple times. I have not heard anything from him. that is why I went into dispute. I never would have thought he would ignore me, but he is. If you look at my account you would notice transactions between us stopped for a while. Also, you would realize that the other account usually did most of the sending money. This is not consistent. I did not approve this transaction, I also do not know if he is still alive.  I have no proof of life. I do not know if someone else has his account and is using the money.

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @UpsetConsumer I've visualized what happened thanks for sharing it with me. Alright! I got you that really happens especially if you are sharing your device with your spouse. But, I am glad that you were able to realize what really happened on that transaction. It has something to do with duplicate payment but there was no deducted amount on your husband's account right? Why is it double charge?He should have paid $150 but when you checked your account the recipient got $300, am I correct? I have no access on your account so I can't see the activity on it. I suggest please contact us directly,just visit our website. Then,look for "Contact" page and you'll see available options to reach us. The customer service representative will be able to reopen a case for you with the correct reason like duplicate payment. I know that it was mistakenly sent using your account but unauthorized charge won't be appropriate reason on this case. Do you know if it is personal payment or goods and services? You have PayPal Purchase Protection for goods and services payment. But,to set your expectation personal payment is NOT covered. Please let me know what was that payment for so I can give you another option. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.