Dispute Declined when your proof is overwhelming

djhawkins00
Contributor
Contributor

Shocked at what qualifies for a refund. Ordered a Nintendo system, received no confirmation email. The website looked like Nintendo's but turns out it was not. The receipt has a company name "Best Franchise Company" which does not actually exist listed and the email is [removed] They email never replies. I contacted the real Nintendo website asking about my order who tells me I was scammed and they have heard of this with a dummy company "Best Franchise Company" before. So here we are Christmas and I go to buy our big family gift... scammed. I feel pretty stupid. I assumed if you check out with paypal your transaction is secure. Not in this case. They denied my case. Not sure where to go from here. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djhawkins00 

Another of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did the seller provide tracking?

If you want advice tell us what happened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

You could report this fraud/scam.

Type in....reportfraud.ftc.gov

(Federal Trade Commission)

and...Cyber.gov.au Victorian Police

and...ScamWatch

and...Ombudsman 133220 (8.30 am - 5 pm) Monday to Friday.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@djhawkins00 

Another of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Did you open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did the seller provide tracking?

If you want advice tell us what happened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

djhawkins00
Contributor
Contributor
I appealed my declined dispute. Requested a charge back on my credit card. Made a report with the BBB and FTC against the Best Franchise store. Finally I called PayPal and when I got to an actual person she reviewed everything with me. At first the plan was to reopen the claim under no received item instead of unauthorized use. However after her review she refunded me while I was on that call. It was a huge relief that Patpal pulled through for me weeks before Christmas.
Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

Very Happy for you. It pays never to give up, especially when your right.

Unfortunately these scammers have got very clever at cheating. Keep up the good fight.

Login to Me Too

lostmoney2020
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me twice now this year! In a year that I've done so much on line shopping. I'm sick of it. I thought using paypal to pay would protect me some. But no! I am not able to contact seller, they took down their site and email. But Paypal says they have proof of delivery. Where is it? I never received what I ordered. And it's strange that I did receive something that I never ordered. First a small little folding stool looking thing and the second time a man's watch! So is this what they are claiming as "product delivered"? So how do you dispute a resolution? I'm at a loss and I don't know where to go from here? Guess I won't be paying thru Paypal anymore. It's so hard to shop on line these days. 

Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will let you claim if you lodge......Significantly different to what was ordered.....I would try again.....Don't let the scammers win.

Login to Me Too

lostmoney2020
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I was going to just give up but then I saw this thread. So I'm going to try. This is bs and I'm tired of all the fraud out there. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

bradlei_walker
New Community Member
This just happened to me , my banks declined my dispute as well, we’re you able to get a refund ?
Login to Me Too

djhawkins00
Contributor
Contributor
Call PayPal if you hav not already and get a real person. I did get refunded.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.