Dispute... DENIED!

DDDDsasster
Contributor
Contributor

So... kinna frustrated after getting a response from paypal that my dispute was denied. I made a claim today for 2 seperate transactions. I contacted the seller numerous times. When initially purchasing my items i thought i was getting a great deal. I jumped all over the opportunity. It was for 27gal storage bins... for $6.xx from a website. And even better, it was $4.50 shipping... TO HAWAII! Well, AFTER i submitted my order i realized that i didnt look where it was coming from. So i looked and it was in either japanese or chinese characters🤦🏽‍♀️. But then i realized if its coming from asia its gonna take awhile and we needed it now. Too, panicked with the coronavirusI immediately contacted seller via email several times trying to cancel my order. I got no responses. After 4 days of waiting and my money already withdrawn i get an email with a confirmation label made. It said it was located in california. After receiving that email i felt better it wasnt gonna take so long. 3 days later we get a tracking number. I immediately started tracking my order, excited it wasnt a fraud. I hot texted every movement. When it said it was out for delivery i waiting close by so i didnt miss it. Then i get a txt that it was delivered. No honk/ no knock/ no yell... nothing. I asked if anyone excepted it w/o me knowing. No one did. We looked our cameras... nothing. So i called our local post office and told her the problem. Gave her the necessary info. My name, my mailing address and the tracking number. She sed that the tracking number didnt have MY address on it. It was delivered to another address. Privacy reasons, she couldnt disclose where exactly it was delivered to. But she was able to say that it was in another city near us. So we went around looking for the mailman. We found her/him and asked if he/she delivered an oversized item?! She sed nope. But i guess in that time the post master contacted and updated her on the mishap. All the postmaster could tell me was to contact the seller. I told her i couldnt get intouch with the person. I even tried to stop payment. That didnt wotk. They said to contact seller. Seller isnt even reachable. And, today the second order of the 2 was also delivered. And here i am... What do i do?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DDDDsasster 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DDDDsasster
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for reading my post. My heart was torn when i saw that my claim was denied when indeed i was totally the victim. All those clues i shoulda looked for. Totally hasty choice on my part. But it wasnt like $20. Im out $200. I just cant stomach that. When talking to the postmaster she assured that the address on the item did not match the tracking number. I even went back to the paypal account to see if anything was changed for some reason... and nope had my shipping address. Ugh. I even tried to copy and past the sellers email and it had no trace. How do i go about doing this charge back?! I really dont want to lose out on that much🤭.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DDDDsasster 

Did you fund your paypal payment via a credit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DDDDsasster
Contributor
Contributor
I had done 2 transactions. 1 with a credit card and the other with my paypal balance and the remainder went on that same cc.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I don’t mean to sound rude— but — how could you not see that this was a scam?  The price was outrageously low and shipping locally would be more than $4.50.  Shipping to Hawaii is quite high and you were clearly scammed. If it sounds too good to be true, it is 

Login to Me Too

DDDDsasster
Contributor
Contributor
Well the bins were just a dollar cheaper than other places. And i felt like ok if some places are able to send things to hawaii with free shipping should be ok. But too... its definately a mistake ill learn from. Sams club had the same item but out stock for $7.xx and the price i got it for was $6.xx
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DDDDsasster 

If you funded your paypal payments or some of them with a credit card then contact your card issuer and they may do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We live and learn. You have to weigh the pros vs the cons of saving a few dollars over getting nothing in return. 

I bought from China unknowingly when I bought something after my coma. No research just a cheap price got my attention. I lost under ten dollars but learned a lot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.