Dispute Closed despite providing information

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I made a merchant dispute on the 29th of April and was asked to provide proof that the items was returned, i provided the tracking number on 18th of May and then 3 days later the case was closed and an email was sent to me saying

"This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise."

But I have already submitted the necessary tracking information on the 18th of May and it was just closed without any notice

Now i am without item and without a dispute, i cant call paypal hotline due to the covid-19 situation, no replies on twitter and no replies on their message center as well.

Please help! 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@purpleinsect @ecandela Thats why we need some moderators to help us right now, there is literally no way to get in contact with PayPal at the moment and it is ridiculous how the system just closed off the claims, its not a small amount of money we are talking about here.. this is truly a disappointing experience. @Ragnar_Lothbrok please help with this

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Need some help with this please

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @oscarfairtex 

Thanks for posting!

I’m sorry to learn about that your case was closed in your seller's favor after returning the item and submitting the return tracking information.  I want to make sure we go over all the available options for you.

1. Please check if the return tracking number is correct.

2. Please check if the return tracking information was submitted within the time frame - please check your email regarding this.

• If the answer for the above questions is "Yes" then please contact Customer Service to reopen your case and appeal the decision. To get there, please click "Help & Contact" /or/ "Contact" (country dependent) near bottom of the PayPal pages to see options available for your to get ahold of a representative.

• If above options still didn't work for you, please note that if the transaction was funded by either your bank account or card (debit/credit) - you  may still want to consider contacting your financial institution to discuss the matter and check for any possible resolution. They should also be able to help you out.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Ragnar_Lothbrok , First off thank you for being the first PayPal employee to have gotten back to me.

I have checked and yes both of the tracking was correct and i also provided it within the timeframe.

I have tried contacting PayPal via message center and calls but call center is currently unavailable and nobody has replied to my message center yet, is there anything you could do? I could provide all the necessary details i just need some help desperately

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@oscarfairtex 

You are welcome and I am so sorry if it took quite sometimes before you got a response from a PayPal employee as it is very seldom that we visit this community to provide voluntary answers. This community forum is designed for customers to share their experience and help each other.

My apologies if you are having a hard time getting ahold of a customer service representative due to covid-19. The call/message center availability depends on your country.

Re your concern, I am glad to know that you will still be able to appeal the decision and still have a chance to reopen the case and close in your favor. However, your issue is account-specific and no one from this public community forum will be able to view your account / case for security purposes.

I highly recommend to keep on trying utilizing "Contact" button at near bottom of the PayPal pages or wait until our phone line becomes available.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help @Ragnar_Lothbrok i will keep trying.

Is there anything you could do to get the people to reply to my email sent via the message centre? That would provide some way of communication at least.

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@oscarfairtex 

It really is my vast regret informing you that I don't have a capability to do that but rest assured that your email/s will be answered as soon as the available Customer Service Representative receives and reads your message.

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@Ragnar_Lothbrok  Thank you for your prompt responses, i hope they reply me soon.

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

3 days and still nobody from PayPal has gotten back to me, tried calling both my country's and USA customer service, both closed.

@AskPaypal on twitter isnt replying, message centers not replying as well...

Login to Me Too

purpleinsect
Contributor
Contributor

on Twitter, @AskPayPal is working.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.