Dispute Closed Early - tracking number mistake

Lostvintages
I filed a dispute against a seller because what I received was not as described. I was instructed by PayPal to return the item and enter the tracking number which I did. I thought I did anyway. See when I went to the post office to return the item the clerk at the post office circled the number on the receipt and told me it was my tracking number. This in fact was NOT my tracking number. But it is what I entered in PayPal system. When I realized my mistake I went back in to paypal but could not figure out how to change the tracking number. Being that I have to work the same hours and sometimes longer as PayPal's business hours I was unable to contact them to speak with them directly. All that being said the case was closed today the 5th. Which is a day BEFORE the original deadline given to me by paypal to provide the tracking number. The case was closed because the tracking number had not been provided but like I said. I was given until tomorrow the 6th to provide it and it's only the 5th. Now I don't have the merchandise or my money and I am very unhappy about the situation. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Lostvintages,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your dispute. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to assist.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.