Dispute Claim Closed - Not by me

kslee
New Community Member

I ran into a scammer who did not deliver on what I purchased and he took my payment. I opened a dispute with the seller through PayPal. 

I received an email saying that my dispute was created and for me to view the details. I was at work so I waited until I got home.

Once I got home, I open the dispute and it is suddenly closed. The reason was that the dispute was canceled by me and I did no such thing. 

So someone called PayPal and pretended to be me and somehow got the case closed. I immediately called that day to the PayPal contact number and the agent told me the case would be re-opened and sent to the security team. I waited six days and no email or call. I called again today and the agent told me the same shpiel again and now I have to wait another 4-5 days for contact. Has anyone dealt with this issue where someone else impersonated you to get the dispute closed??? I'm very concerned about my security and PayPal service has been pretty atrocious for a company that purports to take customer security very seriously. Any feedback would be helpful.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.