Dispute Centre Case Denied

ShortJ96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal community,

The other night I was charged for 3 PlayStation games totalling $161.60 through PayPal. The charges were in 2 separate transactions. I managed to remove my linked debit card and change my password within minutes of the first charge, to ensure I incurred no more.

I did not purchase these game. In fact, I have not even used my PlayStation for 4+ years, and it's sitting in a box in my room. Nobody I live with uses my PlayStation. I have not purchased a PlayStation game for at least 5 years, and communication with PlayStation would prove this. So why would I all of a sudden by 3 games in 2 minutes? Further, I revived the receipts for the games and the time of purchase is listed as AWST (Australian Western Standard Time). I live in Victoria, which is on the other side of the country. The IP address from the transaction would also prove that I had no role in purchasing those games. I also make reported the fraud within MINUTES of inuring the cost. 

Despite this, PayPal just emailed to inform me that they have declined my dispute and have closed the case. They provided "Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that the reported transactions weren't unauthorised and hence weren't eligible for Buyer Protection." 

I have had $160.60 stolen, It is clear as day that it was not me and PayPal have simply said that the transaction was authorised?
I seriously expected more from PayPal. I have used them for over 6 years now and have never lodged any form of support claim. 

Does anybody know if i have an avenue to appeal these two unauthorised transactions? Is there any other options available to me?
All help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jack

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LN1966
Contributor
Contributor
You can try lodge a dispute through your bank. See if they can help. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

ShortJ96
Contributor
Contributor
Hi LN1996 I will contact my bank tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. I am concerned they will say that it was a PayPal transaction and that PayPal are the only people who can resolve the matter. But certainly worth a shot. It is such a shame to see that PayPal couldn’t care less about their users and are only interested in their bottom line. I will not be using PayPal ever again. It is unsafe and the support from staff is abysmal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.