Dispute Case on Fraudlent Seller from China RFY TRADING CO LTD

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a dispute case going on where I have bought a Smartwatch (Thore S) from Fraud Seller RFY TRADING CO LTD using their website (https://dotted.shop) a fake website very prevalent now a days (https://highteadog.store). They even changed their website URL after the case got raised as dispute against seller.

The seller was not at all responding from 18th July 2018 onwards. I tried approaching them over their email i got from several places. But no luck to receive a single response. Seen their social media page then realized that it's not only me suffering! Every other customer is faked by this PayPal Registered Seller. The tracking no. (TNT Post tracking number: RB492246445TW) is also fake.

Now when PayPal escalated this case then reached to a turning point where I have to return the damaged / cheap / not as described original item to Seller at their China Address. Courier companies are asking for Legal Invoice to ship back this item to China. Else, this item will be stuck with Custom Clearance at New Delhi, India Airport. After talking to PayPal they suggested to use DHL as shipping company for returning item.

Another sting is returning item using DHL Courier Services is costing me INR 4,864 where as the original cost of item I have paid via PayPal is INR 3416. PayPal no is now neither favoring me to get the legal invoice from seller nor PayPal is suggesting me to claim some amount for returning the item. Can anyone suggest me why I need to bear such high cost of returning the item as I am not at all at fault. Also, why such Fraudulent Sellers exists on PayPal? Why PayPal is not even taking any legal action against them.

I need urgent help from this Community towards my case. Kindly do me a justified comment and assist.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

bigmoonface
New Community Member

Now trading from the website https://highteadog.store/ and still accepting only paypal payment! 

Ordered a $50 watch from them and they sent me a completely different watch worth $3 max!! 

None of there contact details work!!!

AVOID!!! 

Login to Me Too

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

I see facebook has removed their page 

Login to Me Too

Elliztar

I believe Pay pal is part of this scam, they know the seller, and they have so many open cases against this seller, but did not do anything, I just lost $80 now, and I've received an email from Pay pal saying that they have completed the review and aren't able to decide the case in my favor!!, what??, there is no buyer protection??. Now I'm thinking to start my business and work fraudulent earn a lot of money and have Pay pal supporting me. I opened a case number (the one they have no resolution): PP-006-939-762-656, seller's e-mail: <removed>, transaction date: 05/13/2018.

The bad thing is that pay pal covers its back with the "Pay pal user agreement". really?, I'll use my direct bank account next time, because my bank can refund me the money and make a proper investigation.

Login to Me Too

gusart
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal CANNOT afford to open the floodgates and lose the millions it makes in fees from these fraudulent companies by refunded anyone so you will always get the return by register post response ,

Login to Me Too

tomlen1953
Contributor
Contributor

HAS ANYONE NOTICED DOTTED HAS GONE

Login to Me Too

aomelchuk
Contributor
Contributor

I had exact same experience with RFY TRADING CO LTD. I baught a mini submarine which was supposed to have underwater camera and long range. Received an item that was completely different from what I ordered (mini r/c boat, not submarine and no camera, very cheaply made). Paypal was giving me run arounds and tried to close this case after the item got stuck in transit to the address provided by the seller (<removed> Shenzhen City, Guangdong 518000 C2). All this is very suspicious and clearly points to PayPal itself as a facilitator of this fraud. PayPal should be investigated by law authorities and I will make this happen very soon.

Login to Me Too

C_Jorg96
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with a different fraudulent seller...PAYPAL DOESN'T CARE...It seems as long as they keep getting their fees for assisting the fraudulent market and continue to use canned responses in their disputes that we don't have a leg to stand on...Buyer Protection is a JOKE!!

@paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.