Dispute Case on Fraudlent Seller from China RFY TRADING CO LTD

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a dispute case going on where I have bought a Smartwatch (Thore S) from Fraud Seller RFY TRADING CO LTD using their website (https://dotted.shop) a fake website very prevalent now a days (https://highteadog.store). They even changed their website URL after the case got raised as dispute against seller.

The seller was not at all responding from 18th July 2018 onwards. I tried approaching them over their email i got from several places. But no luck to receive a single response. Seen their social media page then realized that it's not only me suffering! Every other customer is faked by this PayPal Registered Seller. The tracking no. (TNT Post tracking number: RB492246445TW) is also fake.

Now when PayPal escalated this case then reached to a turning point where I have to return the damaged / cheap / not as described original item to Seller at their China Address. Courier companies are asking for Legal Invoice to ship back this item to China. Else, this item will be stuck with Custom Clearance at New Delhi, India Airport. After talking to PayPal they suggested to use DHL as shipping company for returning item.

Another sting is returning item using DHL Courier Services is costing me INR 4,864 where as the original cost of item I have paid via PayPal is INR 3416. PayPal no is now neither favoring me to get the legal invoice from seller nor PayPal is suggesting me to claim some amount for returning the item. Can anyone suggest me why I need to bear such high cost of returning the item as I am not at all at fault. Also, why such Fraudulent Sellers exists on PayPal? Why PayPal is not even taking any legal action against them.

I need urgent help from this Community towards my case. Kindly do me a justified comment and assist.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor

Im willing to if it doesn't cost me anything, but I wouldn't know where to start. 

Login to Me Too

Suitelady
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing this scam too! Bern on the phone with PayPal for almost an hour. I keep getting switched to different departments. I think a lawsuit should be put in place if PayPal is allowing this.
Login to Me Too

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor

I also have purchased items from RFY TRADING CO LTD. i received wrong items not as describe on their website through a Facebook ad.  i tried contacting rfy but got not response so i reached out to PayPal. they want me to ship 76$ for items back to china at my cost when its not my fault. it will cost me $151 with FedEx.. $51 with USPS, i contacted PayPal and told them im not spending anything more and i asked rfy to send me a prepaid return label. well PayPal closed my claim because rfy has not responded, i still don't have my money. i requested PayPal to reopen it and its under review. has anyone here ever got their money back from PayPal regarding this rfy trading co?

Login to Me Too

GlenC
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund for the product I ordered from RFY TRADING CO LTD. It was supposed to be a $70 CDN security robot but they sent me a child toy worth at most $5.

The weird thing is it shipped from Toronto (I live in Canada) but, according to PayPal I had to send it to China with a tracking number. If I sent it to the address on the package it would cost me $10 (you need a tracking number to win a claim) but if I sent a simple envelope to China it was $67.40 CDN if I wanted a tracking number. Not willing to do that, I sent a piece of LEGO to the return address on the package. That gave me a tracking number and I won the case (and a refund of the $70 I spent on the robot). 

I believe PayPal has limited the account for RFY TRADING CO LTD and hopefully closes the loophole that allows sellers to request a package be returned to an address other than the one they ship merchandise from. Using an outrageous shipping location and requiring a tracking number jacks the price so high most people won't bother. That's how the scam works.

Login to Me Too

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks glenc ... if it comes down to that I'll send rfy trading a pix of the wrong items. Lol 

Login to Me Too

tomlen1953
Contributor
Contributor

I received just ove 3/4 of the cost of what I paid (I paid 100$) received back 80$. I was going to go legal and take a claim against PAYPAL. I asked for an address attached to the tracking and could not do that. I received a copy of the manifest from the post office, it had a Chinese signature on it. If anyone finds out how to take a class action please let me know.

Login to Me Too

peter6666
Contributor
Contributor

I'm one of the many as well.

This company has such a brutal reputation and I cannot see why PayPal is still associated with them. I used to only do business with companies that used PayPal because of customer support and purchase protection.

RFY pulled the now classic maneuver of sending me something completely different than ordered and valued way less!

PayPal was all excited to let me know they ruled in my favor for a refund IF I sent the piece of crap I got back to RFY. The expense of shipping it back to China takes over half of my refund back. Not going to do it. Boo 

Login to Me Too

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor

We got to keep complaining to PayPal about this company. I'm not letting this go it's not about the money, it's the point that this company ships out wrong items at our expense. I'm going to ask for a floor manger this weekend, PayPal and this company had plenty of time to respond back to me. Even thinking to send Facebook an email because this is where I saw this company ad. Don't give up!

Login to Me Too

Irrwitz
Contributor
Contributor

RFY Trading did not specify a valid return adress to me. I cant send it without valid adress back to china.
I called Paypal for this reason. Two days later, I have got my money back! (Sorry for my english, i'm german)

Login to Me Too

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like your the exception for this rfi trading co. Good for you, I'm still not giving up though there are too many people that has been scammed out with cheaper knock off products than what they ordered. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.