Dispute Case on Fraudlent Seller from China RFY TRADING CO LTD

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a dispute case going on where I have bought a Smartwatch (Thore S) from Fraud Seller RFY TRADING CO LTD using their website (https://dotted.shop) a fake website very prevalent now a days (https://highteadog.store). They even changed their website URL after the case got raised as dispute against seller.

The seller was not at all responding from 18th July 2018 onwards. I tried approaching them over their email i got from several places. But no luck to receive a single response. Seen their social media page then realized that it's not only me suffering! Every other customer is faked by this PayPal Registered Seller. The tracking no. (TNT Post tracking number: RB492246445TW) is also fake.

Now when PayPal escalated this case then reached to a turning point where I have to return the damaged / cheap / not as described original item to Seller at their China Address. Courier companies are asking for Legal Invoice to ship back this item to China. Else, this item will be stuck with Custom Clearance at New Delhi, India Airport. After talking to PayPal they suggested to use DHL as shipping company for returning item.

Another sting is returning item using DHL Courier Services is costing me INR 4,864 where as the original cost of item I have paid via PayPal is INR 3416. PayPal no is now neither favoring me to get the legal invoice from seller nor PayPal is suggesting me to claim some amount for returning the item. Can anyone suggest me why I need to bear such high cost of returning the item as I am not at all at fault. Also, why such Fraudulent Sellers exists on PayPal? Why PayPal is not even taking any legal action against them.

I need urgent help from this Community towards my case. Kindly do me a justified comment and assist.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

jefpan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is hard to believe that PayPal would continue to support this obvious scam company. I have 2 cases against RFY Trading and both were from different websites. The never sent the first order which cost me $75 USD. They also have never responded to any messages. Only after opening the claim against them did they send PayPal a tracking number which shows a successful delivery. It doesn't include my address or anything, just a successful delivery to Canada which is bogus because it wasn't delivered to me. Item was shipped to my office and we get stuff all the time, never had a thing go astray. So PayPal takes the tracking number and closes the case in the Sellers favour.

The other website order was for a nice LED piston watch $45 USD but instead they sent me a $2.00 plain China watch. That dispute was found in my favour but trackable shipping to the middle of China is almost $80 so I cannot return the item thus I'm **bleep** yet again by RFY & PayPal. It seems to me like PayPal gets their cut on all these fraudulent purchases so they don't really care. If they lose a few people as customers big deal, its not really going to affect their bottom line as long as these scam companies continue to use them to rip off the public.

Login to Me Too

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. PayPal is involved with such Scammers and we must raise these concerns at Consumer Court. I must say then PayPal will be bent to hell to learn things and take care for money exchange on their customers behalf. They are not taking the case seriously. I advice you too please go to Consumer Court and file the case against PayPal. As no mean now to wait any response from PayPal as they are enjoying money from such scammer sellers. It is great evidence now.. 

Login to Me Too

naveenkherpa
New Community Member
I also bought watch from this seller and same case with me they sent a cheap watch and now as I raised for refund they ask for it return which cost more than item itself
Login to Me Too

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Do not return and waste your valuable money. Talk to PayPal Customer Care and if not resolved then ask Customer Care Rep. to transfer call to someone Senior for seeking solution. As this Seller is Fake - I have sent item back via DHL now when DHL people are calling to Seller RFY Trading Co. Ltd. to present Letter of Authrization (Company Registration) details, Seller's Driving License etc. then they have refused to accept the Item and it is stuck at China Custom Clearance. They are FAKE SELLER - RFY TRADING CO LTD IS FAKE SELLER OPERATING THEIR ILLEGAL business using PayPal platform.

PayPal must Ban / Freeze RFY Trading Co Limited's account at PayPal platform permanently. So no more dispute cases should be coming any more for them.

Login to Me Too

GlenC
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. What is really upsetting is the package I received from RFY TRADING CO LTD lists the shippers address as being in Mississauga, Ontario. The company information on the web site says they are based in Malaysia. Yet when I wanted to return the item I have to send it to China with a tracking number. That would have cost me well over $100 CDN. with no guarantee I will get my money back. 

They do not reply to emails and one of the email addresses they use returns as undeliverable. 

I sent a piece of LEGO to them in Mississauga. 

DO NOT BUY from RFY TRADING CO LTD and be cautious about any company whose URL ends in .store. 

What a scam! PayPal, you really need to get this company off your list of confirmed sellers.

Login to Me Too

uktotty
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a super funky chronograph YOD Type 3 Watch from Facebook advert with moving and rotating dials within the face. I also received a £2 cheap Chinese watch with fake buttons on the side and only one pair of hands.

Definitely NOT what I ordered! 

Login to Me Too

Tademan
New Community Member

I have been targeted by this same "firm". They also go by High Tea Dog and show sites in London and South Korea, they never answer their phone, there is no Chat Line they talk about and the phone number is bogus. Others have problems with this seller to and it goes back . 50 buyers on the Forum all have had issues. 

1. Why does PayPal still allow them to be a registered PayPal site - Fraud too?

2. Why does PayPal allow this sight to continue to operate and defraud us PayPal clients?

3. Why is it so hard for us to get feedback on these people? They've been reported, verified and continuing to offer nothing but fraud.

Login to Me Too

Sbuller131
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having the same problem but with an intellibone. PayPal said I gave them invalid tracking number so closed my case in favour of these scammers. I’m fuming and not letting it drop. If PayPal don’t refund my money I’m going to trading standards as these scammers are known to them and they are doing nothing. Hope we both get our money back soon xx

Login to Me Too

Username9879879
New Community Member

dotted.shop review SCAM!! AVOID!!

SCAM!! Avoid it! Ordered KW98 smartwatch, received cheap Y1 chinese watch without any of advertised functions. How it comes that Paypal and Shopify doesn't do anything to close these scam pages and let them steal from people??!! Can't understand that!! Started case in paypal to receive refund, now I have to send cheap item to china, to receive a refund. These scamers doesn't reply to emails or paypal, so they won't tell Paypal that I send them item, I will never receive my money back!! It's a perfect SCAM!!
Now they use different web site - highteadog.store/

Today I received mail from paypal - We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor.

This is amazing, how it's even possible? That Paypal approves such thing! 

Only good thing is that money was paid with paypal account and now I have only negative paypal ballance, so I will just make a new account.

Return address:

RFY TRADING CO LTD

<removed> Pinghu, Longgang District, Contact number: <removed>, Shenzhen City,  518000 China

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.