Dispute Case on Fraudlent Seller from China RFY TRADING CO LTD

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a dispute case going on where I have bought a Smartwatch (Thore S) from Fraud Seller RFY TRADING CO LTD using their website (https://dotted.shop) a fake website very prevalent now a days (https://highteadog.store). They even changed their website URL after the case got raised as dispute against seller.

The seller was not at all responding from 18th July 2018 onwards. I tried approaching them over their email i got from several places. But no luck to receive a single response. Seen their social media page then realized that it's not only me suffering! Every other customer is faked by this PayPal Registered Seller. The tracking no. (TNT Post tracking number: RB492246445TW) is also fake.

Now when PayPal escalated this case then reached to a turning point where I have to return the damaged / cheap / not as described original item to Seller at their China Address. Courier companies are asking for Legal Invoice to ship back this item to China. Else, this item will be stuck with Custom Clearance at New Delhi, India Airport. After talking to PayPal they suggested to use DHL as shipping company for returning item.

Another sting is returning item using DHL Courier Services is costing me INR 4,864 where as the original cost of item I have paid via PayPal is INR 3416. PayPal no is now neither favoring me to get the legal invoice from seller nor PayPal is suggesting me to claim some amount for returning the item. Can anyone suggest me why I need to bear such high cost of returning the item as I am not at all at fault. Also, why such Fraudulent Sellers exists on PayPal? Why PayPal is not even taking any legal action against them.

I need urgent help from this Community towards my case. Kindly do me a justified comment and assist.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

HemantSakhuja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks you all reviewed my post and shown your issues with the same or any other Seller using trusted PayPal platform. I advice we must unite together and raise these cases to the court of law. As it is clearly indicated that PayPal is equally involved in these scams. Otherwise, none of such scammers can operate through and receive online payments. I need all of your evidences and then we can go to Consumer Court together. No use of seeking assistance from PayPal as they will just waste one month time.

Let's unite together and write me at writetohemantk at gmail.com. So we'll collect evidences against this fake seller as well as PayPal. Because, the biggest question is Why PayPal has given access and availing facilities to this Seller for making money using their platform? This is really serious issue and immediately needs to raised with Consumer Court. Waiting to hear all of your opinions!

Thanks, Hemant

Login to Me Too

tomlen1953
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, I bought 2 watches from Dotted, never received items went through paypal and without contacting me they took dotted's word instead of mine. so much for PAYPAL guarantee.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

This is getting old,all of you buying here and there,just because someone has a website or fancy name or great price,use some common sense,before you buy from overseas, consider this-WHAT IF IT DOES NOT WORK OR I don't like it,how am I going to return the piece?

IF it said it is in your country,there is no way to know if it is so,it is not like Macy or BestBuy.

Paypal cant police every site and cant stop you from your bad judgment.

BTW,Ebay has money back guarantee for buyer,for domestic orders,seller picks up the return postage.for overseas,check it out.

Login to Me Too

gtb51

I bought my item from an ad on Facebook. Face boo is as much to blame as pay pal. I sent several messages to FB and their response was " we will see you don't get the ads anymore". Not the point you are letting fraud co. ad on you site. I returned my item as requested by PP and as of today 10/11/2018 according to the tracking it is still on the way from Your item "departed a transfer airport in CAPITAL, BEIJING, CHINA on July 11, 2018 at 2:52 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination". So not only am I out $90. with no item, and no help from PayPal or Facebook. What a rep. Like others my item came out of Canada, and somewhere there is a office in London. I have sent several emails to at least 6 different addresses with no response

Login to Me Too

no1tec
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried myself to contact FB. They just told me how to stop seeing ads like that.. no help. PayPal won't help me any more... because they are getting to much money from this rfy company. Everyone is losing money with this company. We need to ban together for a class action suit against this company.. PayPal and fb, and rfi yo get our money back. But that's going to be almost impossible. Lol
Login to Me Too

mskogly
Contributor
Contributor

Same experience here. I received an item, but not even close to what I purchased, and of no value to me whatsoever. Paypal "ruled in my favor", but to get my money back I have to return the item (which will cost me at least half of the value of the original purchase), AND, get this, this is hilarious, the seller have to acknowledge that they have received the item.

Now why, d4ear Paypal, for the love of Christ, would I have confidence that a company that hasn't even answered my email directly or through the Paypal claim, would in any way cooperate furter? I can't dispute or reverse the suggested solution either, so the realistic options Paypal are giving me are A) to lose the original amount, by closing the claim, or B) to lose the original purchase PLUS the cost of return shipping.

The whole logic heres is completey flawed, and I seriously question the motives of Paypal in this matter.  It is obvious that this seller should be banned from using Paypal, but I suppose that Paypal is making too much money to care that their credibility is dragged through the mud. 

Login to Me Too

Sbuller131
Contributor
Contributor
Don't bother returning it. I did that so am another 13 pound out of pocket and they closed my case before it had even left England. I'm fuming. I have asked for a copy of the investigation. PayPal are as bent and crooked as this company
Login to Me Too

mskogly
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal customer service tipped me about their return refund service, which I suppose it available for everyone? Can be activated here. 
https://www.paypal.com/no/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I returned my package yesterday, after taking a picture of the shipping manifest and receipts as instructed, and will get a 250 NOK (that is Norwegian kroner) directly to my Paypal account withing 5 days. Good stuff. It did cost me 372 NOK to return the item, which is more than what I paid, but if I also get a refund for the item, I will only lose about 122 NOK on the whole affair. Plus of course the loss of time, grief, and trust in Chinese companies. 🙂

I also contacted Shopify, and asked them to look into other complaints against this company, which they promised to do. Paypal support also promised to look into other complaints against this seller, which should OBVIOUSLY be banned from doing business through paypal. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@mskogly wrote:

Same experience here. I received an item, but not even close to what I purchased, and of no value to me whatsoever. Paypal "ruled in my favor", but to get my money back I have to return the item (which will cost me at least half of the value of the original purchase), AND, get this, this is hilarious, the seller have to acknowledge that they have received the item.

Now why, d4ear Paypal, for the love of Christ, would I have confidence that a company that hasn't even answered my email directly or through the Paypal claim, would in any way cooperate furter? I can't dispute or reverse the suggested solution either, so the realistic options Paypal are giving me are A) to lose the original amount, by closing the claim, or B) to lose the original purchase PLUS the cost of return shipping.

The whole logic heres is completey flawed, and I seriously question the motives of Paypal in this matter.  It is obvious that this seller should be banned from using Paypal, but I suppose that Paypal is making too much money to care that their credibility is dragged through the mud. 

The only time I buy from overseas seller is when I figure if it does not work out,I would just trash it,I don't buy anything which is more than a few dollars including shipping,why?because I know it would cost me more to ship it back with tracking.

Paypal robots tackle most disputes,yu can try appealing but I doubt  it will do you any good.

UsE Your good judgement next time when you buy online,buy from sites you trust and ask your self if it does not work out,do I want to pay return shipping with tracking and how much would it cost me? 

Login to Me Too

Suitelady
Contributor
Contributor
Is anyone looking into maybe a class action lawsuit? I am willing to try to make this happen. I refuse to try to pay more money to send something back when I've already been scammed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.