Dispute - Cannot update case via Repond button

starman_79
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm at a sticking point... First time I've raised a dispute so please bear with me.

I have an open dispute as a buyer where the seller never sent the item so opened a case and it has been escalated. 

I've been sent an email from paypal stating the seller has offered a partial refund to resolve the claim and I need to log in to paypal to accept or refuse the offer.  However, when I login in and look at this case the Adjudication reason states 'The seller has sent you a full refund.'  There is no buttons to accept or refuse the offer.  I have a respond at the bottom of the case, when I select the respond button and add text to update the case I get an error saying 'Please try again, We're sorry, something went wrong.' I've tried this several times now with no luck.

I've tried contacting support on the message us app but its been 4 days and no response.  Phone number doesn't work and advises to use message us.

The email says I have to respond within a period of time and I'm getting worried now.

D I need to do anything as the Adjudication reason states 'The seller has sent you a full refund. What do I need to do?

I'm checking my balance daily an there has not been any refund.

Please can someone help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DisgustedDeb
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE AN OPEN CLAIM AND AM TRYING DESPERATELY TO RESPOND TO THE SELLERS OFFER, BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO CLICK ON RESPONSE REQUIRED, THE BOX TURNS RED, AND NOTHING HAPPENS! I HAVE TRIED CALLING PAY PAL, AND MESSAGING THEM, TO NO AVAIL! I HAVE UNTIL JUNE 20 TO RESPOND, AT WHICH TIME THE CASE WILL BE CLOSED IF NO RESPONSE! I AM SO UPSET THAT YOU CAN NEVER SPEAK TO A LIVE AGENTS! WHAT IS GOING ON? I USE PAY PAL ALL  THE TIME, BUT NEVER KNEW UNTIL I NEEDED THEM, WHAT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY OFFER!

Login to Me Too

Cindeeb62
New Community Member

I agree. This is PayPal's way of not being held responsible for fraud. They don't want to get involved when their is a dispute, I'm going thru this situation right now. I hit respond but nothing happens. I just hope my bank will review the details of the corruption from the company that cheated me, and resolve the case for me. PayPal has done nothing but leave me hanging out here to settle this alone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.