Dispute An Item I Never Received

rachel_alaine
New Community Member

I purchased virtual items from a PayPal user with the name of Jade <removed> . I purchased the items with $40.00 through the Goods and Services option, yet she refunded me, saying that she will not send the items unless I transfer her money via the Friends and Family method. I finally agreed, not until after she verified that she was authentic, but I came to find that the verification was faked. I sent her the $40.00 through Friends and Family on April 21, 2020, which is the same day I had also sent her $40.00 via Goods and Services. However, this user then blocked me on everything, and I never received the items I purchased. I cannot contact her now. Also, she canceled the refund to me before it could go through, so I lost the $40.00 I had sent through Goods and Services as well. This means that $80.00 was stolen from me. I have the bank statements to prove that she canceled the refund while it was in the process if it is needed. I filed for a dispute, but I accidentally filed it as an unauthorized purchase instead of an item that was never delivered. The dispute failed and now I cannot reopen it or seem to get ahold of anyone to help me. After filing the dispute, this person then decided to reach out to me and threaten me with unprofessional language, and saying that they will then report me for being a scammer (even though I was the buyer who did not receive the items purchased and got an additional $40.00 stolen from). I am new to PayPal and now I have already gotten scammed and stolen from twice in the same day with this same user. I do not want to have to go through with a chargeback because that will be even messier. I would just like to receive my $80.00 back seeing that I never received the items, and that I was only supposed to pay $40.00 in the first place. I thought that PayPal had protection plans over items not being received, but no one can help me report these two fraudulent transactions. I cannot re-open the dispute either, and I still cannot seem to get ahold of any customer service. Please report this PayPal account under suspicious activity, at the very least. I need my $80.00 back, especially during these hard times with the pandemic. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Cjb11299
New Community Member
I had a customer pay $20 and she sent me screenshots that she paid but I never got the money!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cjb11299 

Then don't send anything until you are paid !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.