Dishonest buyer

CVierow
Contributor
Contributor

Below is the listing I posted on eBay.  I couldn't get the eBay shipping calculator to work for all three boxes, so I provided the dimensions and weights for the three boxes. I even provided a sample quote of what it would cost to ship the boxes from Washington state to Florida.  The winning bidder admitted he didn't read the listing but bid anyway.  He used the eBay shipping and paid $91 to ship the boxes from Washington state to North Carolina, when the actual cost is almost $300.  When I asked him about the rest of the shipping money, he refused to pay any more and said he changed his mind.  I have a NO RETURNS policy clearly stated but he refused to pay the balance.  We have had NUMEROUS messages back and forth where I have told him I will refund his money as soon as I could talk to eBay.  Because he paid for the item and part of the shipping, I couldn't just refund his money without taking a hit in my rating, so I told him I was going to talk to eBay.  Before I even could call them, he filed a claim with Paypal.  Now the transaction is on hold in Paypal.  If I proceed with cancelling the transaction in eBay, will he end up getting double his money back (the transaction that is on hold PLUS the refund from eBay)?  On top of all of this, he is LYING about me in feedback and to Paypal.  What would you do?

Lot of 154 Precious Moments Figures

41 are Special Edition / Member's Only figures -- 127 are in the original boxes -- dated from 1976 to 1996 -- packed in three boxes:  
20" x 20" x 10.5"           28.3 lbs
18.5" x 18.5" x 28"            48 lbs
18.5" x 18.5" x 28"            34 lbs
Starting bid of $500 calculates out to only $3.25 each!

*** IMPORTANT:  PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING ***

Please ask questions BEFORE placing bid.  Once a bid is placed, I cannot delete it.  

I am not able to add the shipping requirements to the post so shipping cost calculation can be used as these are packed in three separate boxes; however, I have added the dimensions and weights of the three boxes so the buyer can get quotes and choose how to ship them outside of the ebay bid.  I am willing to work with the buyer with regard to shipping method, but I need to be informed of the buyer's preference before paying for shipping so I can make sure the method preferred is available.  All shipping charges and any extra fees must be paid to my Paypal account in addition to the winning bid amount before I will ship.  A method which includes shipment tracking is REQUIRED.  I will not ship the boxes without some form of tracking so we both know where these are at all times.  Adding insurance is buyer's choice.  SHIPPING TERMS;  FOB origin.  Once the shipment leaves my possession, it belongs to the buyer and buyer accepts responsibility for it.
SAMPLE SHIPPING QUOTE
From Spokane, Washington, to New Port Richey, Florida...shipping all three boxes via FedEx Ground delivery in five business days = $290.67

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHIPPING CHARGES ON EBAY ARE NOT ACCURATE.  IT DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT THERE ARE 3 SEPARATE BOXES TO SHIP.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Randy

@CVierow,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience.  I recommend checking to make sure that the transaction in question is eligible for PayPal's Seller Protection coverage.  Here's how:  https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-the-seller-protection-policy-and-what-items-aren%... In regards to your other question, the buyer wouldn't be able to receive a refund from both PayPal and eBay as the transaction can only be refunded once.  Hope this helps!  

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.