Discovered potential scammer, course of action?

F0ndue

I recently sent somebody money (through goods and services) to pay for something, but as soon as they received the money they started deleting all their social media through which they originally contacted me, and has been really unresponsive through the remaining channels. That made me concerned and I started looking them up further, only to find evidence that the person in question might be a scammer, and that I may not be their first victim. Now realistically I cannot expect the goods that I ordered to arrive for another week (because they ship from overseas), but there's a substantial amount of evidence that suggest that I'll never get any package in the first place. Now I'm starting to get worried that if I do not file a claim now that I might not see my money again because the seller might just delete their account, or something along those lines. So, should I wait another week, or would it be wiser to file a claim now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@F0ndue 

File it:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@F0ndue 

File it:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

F0ndue

More than 7 days, even. I've sent a final warning to the seller in hopes to maybe resolve the issue, but I'll file a claim tomorrow if I don't get back anything.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.