Disbute not being resolved

dgw377
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-56745060

I have been in a dispute since February.  I ordered two honda generators and the person mailed me an empty envelope. So finally after giving the seller 4 months to respond, they have said just send the product back.  Well, there is no product because no product was shipped.  On top of the fact Paypal now only gives me 5 days to respond, the only option I have is to load in tracking info.  There is no place to explain there is nothing to ship back. 

On top of that, the seller didn't even list a valid address.  

So what am I supposed to do here?  The seller has obviously figured out the flaws in PayPal dispute resolution by saying just send the product back for a full refund.  And there is no option to continue to dispute.  

Please help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dgw377 

Send back what you received, you received an envelope so return it TRACKABLE to prove delivery.

Paypal does not get involved with part refunds or part returns. As its mostly automated all they want is that tracking number so supply it before you run out of time. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dgw377
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately there is no way to return it. The return address provided during dispute was in China, but was not a valid address anyway. It was literally a city and province and nothing more. I asked in the additional info space for a valid return address but was also required to provide tracking info in order to submit it. Seems like paypals policy plays right into fraud.
Login to Me Too

dgw377
Contributor
Contributor
Just recieved my official denial. So here is how the fraud works that paypal doesnt understand. Seller sends empty envelope. You dispute. Seller says return item for refund. Seller provides incomplete address different from where item came from so there is no way to return the item and no way to contact paypal. Fraudster wins.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.