Digital goods reception reciet

cstlmode
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i was wondering if there is a way to confirm to paypal the delivery of a digital good "an app project" to a client,

i have this client that prefers to pay me via paypal and i'm afraid he will open a dispute against me and ask me for refund as soon as he receives the final project as there is no way to prove that i have delivered, 

is there anything i can do to protect my self against this case scenario,

Thanx

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cstlmode 

First, Seller/Recipient add tracking information:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped (with or without tracking info), etc.

Then ask the buyer to confirm receipt if they have this option:

How do I confirm receipt of an item?

The only way to protect yourself is to put aside a % of each sale to cover disputes because there are situations where PayPal Seller Protection doesn't cover you. Be as thorough as you can with item description when invoicing. You can use PayPal invoicing. Also keep in mind that you never know exactly who you sell to and stolen cards and accounts can be used and the real account holder can file credit chargeback or PayPal dispute. Its just the risk of selling online.

Please read the seller protection terms to know how you are protected, what is needed as proof of delivery and the buyer protection terms where the buyer is located as they will also apply to you as a seller:

https://www.paypal.com/ma/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#pp-seller-protection

Switch to different countries on this page to access the Buyer Protection terms in the PayPal User Agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/ma/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cstlmode
Contributor
Contributor

thanx for taking the time to answer me,

i checked my account looking for the "Add tracking info" unfortunately i don't have it,

i've finally decided to make a document signed by me and the client , where he admits that he received the final product,

we exchanged the document using paypal emails used in payment, 

hope i don't ever need this and hope it helps if anything goes wrong 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.