Digital goods not delivered - Dispute

Hiraz10
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
So im in a bit of a problem right now. Basically i wanted to buy an account for a game and did two transactions (Well three actually) and i got scammed by both
The first one was for 100$- i met this person on a discord server and due to my carelessness i thought he was legit and transferred the funds.
He wanted me to do it through friends and family but thank god i didnt because that option is never there for me.
i paid through goods and service option and after payment, i sent him a screenshot of the payment and i got blocked off immediately. I raised a dispute and the seller is yet to respond. 

The second one was split into two,first one was for 103$ and the second one was for 2$ - i met this person on Facebook for the same game account, since i needed one. At first he wanted to do a diff type of payment but i convinced him to use paypal. Long Story short, i sent him those payment screenshots and in return he gave me some fake game credentials and didnt work at all. when i confronted him, he sent me another fake credential which didnt work either. he then didnt reply to me for 4 hours until i opened a dispute. It is kinda similar to the first case but here he did reply saying that i got the account and im trying to rip him off.

I Have all the necessary proofs, screenshots etc for both the transaction.
Any idea as to what will happen? Will paypal think im doing something wrong since i have three back to back disputes?

Any help is appreciated

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hiraz10

Sorry but its impossible to second guess paypals decision especially on digital / virtual purchases.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hiraz10
Contributor
Contributor

oh i see. but is there anyway i can send the necessary proofs to paypal? i see no option to do that

Login to Me Too

Der7
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through the same problem now, what was the outcome for you?

@Hiraz10 wrote:

Hello,
So im in a bit of a problem right now. Basically i wanted to buy an account for a game and did two transactions (Well three actually) and i got scammed by both
The first one was for 100$- i met this person on a discord server and due to my carelessness i thought he was legit and transferred the funds.
He wanted me to do it through friends and family but thank god i didnt because that option is never there for me.
i paid through goods and service option and after payment, i sent him a screenshot of the payment and i got blocked off immediately. I raised a dispute and the seller is yet to respond. 

The second one was split into two,first one was for 103$ and the second one was for 2$ - i met this person on Facebook for the same game account, since i needed one. At first he wanted to do a diff type of payment but i convinced him to use paypal. Long Story short, i sent him those payment screenshots and in return he gave me some fake game credentials and didnt work at all. when i confronted him, he sent me another fake credential which didnt work either. he then didnt reply to me for 4 hours until i opened a dispute. It is kinda similar to the first case but here he did reply saying that i got the account and im trying to rip him off.

I Have all the necessary proofs, screenshots etc for both the transaction.
Any idea as to what will happen? Will paypal think im doing something wrong since i have three back to back disputes?

Any help is appreciated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.