Digital Rivers

loupope
New Community Member

Digital Rivers Charged to my paypal account. I don't even know who digital rivers is? 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wallylump 

😊

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

arsee
New Community Member

yes they are ecommerce company and they have partnership with kaspersky and blah blah, but it doesn't give them right to make an automatic subscription on your paypal account, this is where paypal is responsible, for weak protection system for its customers, where such companies can easily make a subscription for you hiddenly, and when you ask paypal for refund, they say they are not stealing and it is not unauthorized, 

So I think it is time for me to leave paypal, it is more safe with banks, I already removed my bank account and card info from my account, and deleted all the automatic subscriptions, unfortunately I do not trust paypal anymore. 

Login to Me Too

SigridHH
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. They debited me 8,99 Euros for something I allegedly ordered from Fitbit. Only Fitbit doesn't find any orders. So Fitbit says they can't do anything, I should contact my bank. My bank says, as soon as the money is transferred they can't get it back. Digital River says they are not responsible I should contact Fitbit. And Paypal says the transaction was authorized (because I bought something from Fitbit a few months ago and did not realize that from that moment on Paypal will oblige each and every time Fitbit wants money (via Digital River) WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME.)

And no, I don't have any Fitbit-premium-membership, they would have found that. 
And no, I never authorized Paypal to just pay Fitbit/Digital River whenever they ask. 

So I'm being sent in circles because all three of them, Fitbit, Digital River and Paypal, wash their hands and tell me it's the others' fault. I'm really beginning to get a bit fed up here and thinking of quitting Paypal altogether. "Every transaction save and transparent", yeah, right.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arsee 

@SigridHH 

Check if you unwittingly set a subscription set up.

If you did then all paypal did is pass the money on to the seller as per your subscription.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SigridHH
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

See, that's the thing: I don't recall giving Paypal permission to follow through with every demand from Fitbit/DRI, i.e. I don't recall subscribing. I'm pretty sure that if Paypal had asked me "Do you want us to authorize every debit from Fitbit/DRI automatically?" I would have answered: "Cheers guys, but I think I can manage to authorize one order every 3-5 years BY HAND." 

So now I paid for something I've never ordered, never received and neither Paypal, Fitbit or DRI feel responsible for giving me back my money. 

Paypal ignores my info that this transaction was not okay and keeps repeating that they couldn't find any unauthorized access to my account. WHICH IS NOT HE POINT!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.