Digital Rivers

loupope
New Community Member

Digital Rivers Charged to my paypal account. I don't even know who digital rivers is? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loupope

Check in here............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

If its not in there and you have not made the transaction then go to the resolution centre in your paypal account and file an unauthorised transaction BUT you may want to contact the company first to double check, there email address would be on the details page of that transaction when you click on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loupope

Check in here............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

If its not in there and you have not made the transaction then go to the resolution centre in your paypal account and file an unauthorised transaction BUT you may want to contact the company first to double check, there email address would be on the details page of that transaction when you click on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gumnut
Contributor
Contributor

What was my purchase that I was charged for.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @gumnut

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

You can check it on your PayPal Activity, click the transaction and it usually shows the transaction details. If it's not reflected in the transaction details, you can contact the merchant as some merchant don't fully provide item decription here in PayPal.

Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Ferris42

Digital River is a real company.  They partner with other companies to handle financial transactions.  Here is part of a post on the FAQ section of the Crucial.com website describing what Digital river does:  

"Do I have to pay sales tax:  We are required to collect sales tax in the states where our partner, Digital River, has a business presence. If your order is being shipped to one of these states, it will include sales tax. Any sales tax to be charged will be indicated once your billing and shipping addresses have been entered during checkout.

If you are tax-exempt entity, you can select it on the Billing page during the order process and upload your valid tax exemption certificate. When your tax exemption certification has been validated, sales tax will be removed from your order. In the event that your order does not qualify for tax exemption, we will not be able to remove applicable tax from the order."  

Login to Me Too

Roguh
New Community Member

I've been charged for something I didn't even authorize. Please explain to me why Paypal is not giving me my money back? I see a bunch of post of this happening to people. What did you guys do to get your money back?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roguh 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting Again...Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wallylump
Contributor
Contributor
Bull hockey they don't scam people. They got me even tho I was on their website multiple times to cancel a PayPal charge.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wallylump 

Then you should have cancelled it on your paypal account under subscriptions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wallylump
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I should have. I tried. Multiple times. Sometimes the Paypal website is a bit hard to negotiate. So, I called

talked to a nice young lady, easy to understand. I was assured all was taken care of. But, of course, it wasn't. However,

I have just received word that,the matter has been resolved and I will, indeed, get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.