cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital River Ireland unauthorised payment

Highlighted
Contributor

Digital River Ireland unauthorised payment

Has anyone else had problems with Digital River Ireland taking money out of your PayPal account based upon an authorisation for a historic payment and agreeing to refund but not doing so.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Digital River Ireland unauthorised payment

@JohnC76 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
I do not work for Paypal.
Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry but this is sharp practice. Check online and you will find many others with the same problem. They take the money and do not refund.
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnC76 

Yep and most find out they have taken anti virus products or similar subscriptions out in the past and digital river have been processing their authorised payments fro them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
I do not work for Paypal.
Highlighted
Contributor

Not so! They are not refunding my money despite complying with their cooling off period for cancellation and promising that that will. Crooks!