Digital Goods Dispute

joealineri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently sold access to a remote server to someone for 3 days in exchange for £30 GBP. During this period of time he could download or edit any files he pleased. The contract that was made between us was done through private messages on an app called Discord. All messages have since been deleted.

A few days ago he requested a refund because the item was "not as described". The first issue is that there was no discussion between us as to what the contents of the files were. He simply paid for access to the remote server which he received as soon as I got his payment.

Furthermore, his claim is that one of the files in the server was obtained illegitimately and as such he should be issued a refund for being sold something that is illegal.

I don't know whether the file(s) he is talking about were indeed obtained illegitimately but what I do know is that he got what he paid for which was again, access to the remote server for 3 days.

To complicate matters further, he payed for it via "Goods & Services" but did not select paying for a digital product. I opened a case about his refund and today I received a message saying I need to respond to it. This is strange because no agent has responded to the claim and the chat messages are the same as the dialogue I had with the buyer when I opened the claim. I tried to respond to the claim but it wants me to put in my address for a "return"... I do not want to fill it in because there is no actual item to return and I do want such a subhuman degenerate to have my personal address. A return is not possible in these circumstances anyway due to the nature of the exchange, files cannot be returned because they can easily be copied etc.

So my question is... how do I dispute this claim without filling in my address?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.