Digital Goods Claim Dispute?

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently I bought digital goods from someone online, he was supposed to deliver the files for me to download through E-mail. He never did. It has been months since I paid him. Today I finally opened an item not received dispute and escalated it to a claim right away, currently Paypal is awaiting the seller to respond, the status of the case is "Need Seller Response", and according to an email Paypal sent me the seller has up to 10 days to provide more information and no further action I need to take.

What am I asking is is this normal?

Will I be waiting 10 days till I get my refund?

What are my chances for a refund?

What if the seller never responds?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Maroman,

Thank you for your post!

When a dispute is opened, PayPal gives the other party a chance to respond in case there is any compelling evidence that shows delivery of the item. It is completely normal, and yes, you would have to wait 10 days if the seller neglects to respond. The seller may also respond earlier than that, which would then cause a review of the situation. It is not possible to predict what the outcome will be without knowing what the seller's response will be or if the seller will respond at all.

I hope the seller responds and offers a refund for the item. That would be the fastest and best outcome.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Maroman,

Thank you for your post!

When a dispute is opened, PayPal gives the other party a chance to respond in case there is any compelling evidence that shows delivery of the item. It is completely normal, and yes, you would have to wait 10 days if the seller neglects to respond. The seller may also respond earlier than that, which would then cause a review of the situation. It is not possible to predict what the outcome will be without knowing what the seller's response will be or if the seller will respond at all.

I hope the seller responds and offers a refund for the item. That would be the fastest and best outcome.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.