Difficulty getting my money back.

Martingg
New Community Member
Hi, On the 12thbof this month I won an eBay auction for a new lock for my front door. The total cost including postage was £12.28 (a real bargain). Unfortunately ebay messaged me and informed me that the seller had cancelled the order because the item was no longer available or broken (but I suspect it was just sold too cheap for his liking!) In their message eBay told me not to worry and that I didn't have to do anything. Here we are over a week later and the money has left my bank account and is apparently in the sellers account and I don't have my lock. I contacted Ebay who so far have refused to respond and I've contacted PayPal. PayPal told me to take the matter up with the seller! I'm not prepared to do this. It's not my fault and besides eBay has already told me not to do anything. PayPal just shifted the problem on to eBay claiming that although they are close they act separately to eBay! As far as I'm concerned money has been taken from my bank account when it shouldn't have been but nobody is prepared to take responsibility. Most questions you ask PayPal are unanswered but responded to with 'i completely understand' or 'i understand how you feel' Where do I go from now? Any help really appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martingg 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.