Did not receive product, statute of limitations for requesting refund exceeded

Avilin
New Community Member

Has anyone ever had success in achieving a refund when the 180 days to submit a claim has passed? My seller communicated with me several times after placing my order, first thanking me for the order, then apologizing for the delay in shipping and asking for patience. In retrospect, this was likely to lull me along until the period of time had elapsed during which I could request a refund through Paypal. Eventually it came to light that the whole thing was a scam and I did request a refund from Paypal. Because this was 3 weeks over the 180 day limitation, my case was not even reviewed, but immediately denied. I tried to get some satisfaction through the resolution centre, but was never successful in getting a real person on the line. What a load of frustration. Any suggestions from someone with similar experience? Thanks for your time!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Avilin 

If you paid with credit card, see if you can file a dispute with them instead, they can still potentially deny your claim too for the same reason but some cards may make an exception to provide good customer service. PayPal dispute at this point is a dead path.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.