Did not receive Package and Seller gave false tracking number from UPS

GINATHOMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had a problem buying merchandise from a seller and the seller gives false tracking number information? PayPal will not refund me my money because seller provides PayPal with a valid tracking number that was delivered to a different address. PayPal askes me to provide address where it was sent to BUT UPS will not provide that info. to the Receiver... ME.  This is to protect the address/people of where the package went. This is unacceptable business and PayPal is allowing this to happen. The seller is fraud

Please HELP 

I have an email the merchant who will not respond!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GINATHOMAS 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sue10giooys
Contributor
Contributor
I had exactly the same problem here in Australia. Filed a dispute, seller provided tracking details as delivered. PayPal refused to re open the case once I obtained proof from the postal service in writing with the tracking number not matching our records. I tried so hard to appeal, as I had written proof of non delivery, PayPal sided with the seller,still!! And, here’s the kicker. The same seller stole another $140 straight out of our account 3 months later, with the transaction saying” PayPal Linian. They had somehow sidestepped PayPal with this transaction and we are left wondering just how safe transactions are on PayPal, as obviously they had access to our banking information.This wasn’t even on my account activity and had somehow managed to completely bypass PayPal to steal more money. PayPal refused to take any responsibility for any of this, regardless of written proof from our postal service. We are considering legal action against PayPal as they haven’t even followed their own policies and they seemingly have ways around people’s entire bank information. This whole ordeal is disgraceful. PayPal have it seems a security risk here and they didn’t even follow their own policies. Thank goodness, as of yesterday our bank was able to retrieve our money. I also made PayPal aware of a scam here. Sell someone expensive. Then they send a very low value random gift to an address in the same suburb. There you go, tracking number stars it was delivered. PayPal didn’t even think to check whether the tracking number matched our records!! Too easy. We are absolutely disgusted with PayPals so called buyer protection
Login to Me Too

GINATHOMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Thank you so much for the very helpful information. I will have my Bank Dispute the charge and hopefully receive my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.